justinterrell

Intellex dvms Dome Control

Hi there..I'm new to the forum. I just installed an Intellex DVMS in my store, upgraded from VM96 which was completely unoperational.

I'm having trouble getting the built in Dome controls with in the software to work, as well as how to connect the EIM/Touchtracker. There is an option on the software for VM96RTT controller which is what I have(sensormatic touchtracker v5) and I've got a DB9 cable going from the EIM to the DVMS. The sensornet cable isn't connected I'm assuming that's the problem there. But there's no Jbox anywhere and there's no place for the sensornet to plug into on the back.

How can I get this thing up and cameras moving? The picture quality is superb, and the DVR works perfect, but dome control is no where.

The VM96RTT option in the dome control selection area is used when you hook up the Intellex to the VM96 matrix switcher. If you're just using the Intellex, you need an ADTT16E TouchTracker for PTZ and display control. The one you have now is designed specifically for the VM96 and wont work on the Intellex.

Excellent thank you for the swift response. Now do you happen to know how to get the on screen/built in to the software dome controls to work? There's a little dome in the corner of the screen and according to the manual this is suppose to move the camera(s) but I've had zero luck with that as well.

If you want to use the on screen controls with no TouchTracker involved, you need one of these USB Control Modules. It plugs into the back of the Intellex and you connect your SensorNet cable to it. Then select the USB control module in the camera handler menu.

277114_1.jpg

If you end up going the ADTT16E route, you connect the TouchTracker to the back of the Intellex via the DB9 cable, like you've already done, and then select ADTT16E in the camera handler menu. That will give you dome control from both the TouchTracker and the onscreen display. In your original post you mentioned your SensorNet cables weren't plugged into anything. If you go the TouchTracker route, each end terminal of the five pin terminal block on the EIM gets one SensorNet wire. The middle three are for the power going into the EIM.