ian_flux

Keyboard not controlling PTZ movement

Hi folks, I have the following: DVR - Ganz ZR-DH1621NP, Keyboard - Ganz ZCA-SC201, Camera - Dennard 2050 (via BBV CTI/1).

For now, the keyboard won't control the PTZ directly because the keyboard sends Pelco P @ 4800 and the protocol converter (BBV CTI/1) needs Pelco P @ 9600 - so for that I will have to use a BBV or Sennetech protocol or baud converter.

But the keyboard controls the DVR perfectly, including the four directional buttons for menu commands and playback. However, when I use the DVR via Keyboard in PTZ mode, the directional buttons are not moving the camera properly - if at all. The Zoom and Focus buttons work one click at a time - i.e. there is no repeat. If I repeatedly press or hold the directional buttons for a long time, there is occasionally a very slight shift in Pan or Tilt.

Any ideas?

Hi

Can the keyboard setting be change to accommodate different baud-rates and protocols? what is the RS485 distance you running

Regards

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Despite my liking of Ganz products so far, I'm disappointed to say the keyboard in PTZ mode, has fixed baud rates apart from Ganz-S. So Pelco D is 2400 and Pelco P is 4800 (also Ganz-PT@9600 and Chiper@9600 but that isn't in the menu). Disappointing given how many P 9600 devices I've seen. So this is why I need to change P speed.

I'm assuming that when in MUX/DVR mode, the keyboard and DVR are using some kind of proprietary Ganz protocol, but I don't have RS485 analysis yet.

The RS485 is using at the most, 20 meters on Cat 5 on a single pair.

I will go and connect the keyboard on a short patch while I'm next to the DVR to test that, and report back.

Hi

Another thing you can try is change the baudrate and protocol on the PTZ to match your keyboard, and drop the converter

Regards

Well the cable was fine, as the keyboard operates identically when patched into the DVR on a very short distance. The real problem here is that the keyboard does not repeat when pushing a key, whereas the front panel on the DVR does, and allows a basic use of PTZ control.

In reality, the 2050 is a bit of a dinosaur really. The two addressing switches give you address 1 - 251 of what I read is Dennard RS485 (possibly only over twisted pair); 252 = Baxall AC; 253 = Dennard, BBV & DM Sprite; 254 = Baxall DC. These are Up The Coax keyboards/controllers, but some UTC protocol converters use address 1.... Too much info I guess.

I didn't run RS485 and went for Up The Coax, because Pelco P is more useful (and the converter was cheap). I'll have the dome down at the weekend simply to see if my the BBV from the DVR works over twisted pair, but of course its the direct connection between the keyboard and camera that I need. I have a nice three axis joystick and am unable to use it