Sign in to follow this  
m_g

Add intentional delay to feed

I have a client that wants to have their monitor showing their feed with a 20 second delay. They are willing to purchase a whole new system so not constrained by equipment (so could be IP,coax). I basically want to know if this is possible and what gear is required. Thanks a lot

I have a client that wants to have their monitor showing their feed with a 20 second delay. They are willing to purchase a whole new system so not constrained by equipment (so could be IP,coax). I basically want to know if this is possible and what gear is required. Thanks a lot

Why?

Hi. Magic box is still available but only for analog cameras and was expensive at the time

I few systems have the same built in these days I know the avermedia does it from the screen by using the matrix icon on the screen 5mins to 60mins and you can also drag that image into another window and have live and delay side by side.

The other is dahua same again via icon on screen but replaces the live view . Which can be sorted by splitting live camera view and then having two camera views and delay on one

And another way is a pic in pic box .... One is needed for each camera so can get expensive

thanks for the answers. The reason for this is for swimmers to review their style once they finish a lap.

Cheers

thanks for the answers. The reason for this is for swimmers to review their style once they finish a lap.

Cheers

This is why its important to explain why you want something. There is SPECIALIZED software and apps (ios/android) that do this. Simply google it.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=athlete+video+review+software

there are even companies that have specialized software and underwater cameras for swimmers.

http://www.swimmingcam.com/

Cheers

This is why its important to explain why you want something. There is SPECIALIZED software and apps (ios/android) that do this. Simply google it.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=athlete+video+review+software

there are even companies that have specialized software and underwater cameras for swimmers.

"simply google it".. yeah, I took the time to start a forum discussion on the topic before doing that...geez

You mention android/iOS apps. Can you imagine have a pool of elite swimmers in the water relying on an android app to process a delay on HD footage and then replaying it on a tiny screen, all the while fingers crossed that the wifi is working well....??

The reason I wasn't explicit is because of answers like yours. I realise there are lots of people that come on forums wanting to be spoon fed, but you shouldn't assume that's the case with everyone. I am aware of the options out there, they don't do what we need, we need a work around- hence trying to think outside commonly available options

Cheers

"simply google it".. yeah, I took the time to start a forum discussion on the topic before doing that...geez

You mention android/iOS apps. Can you imagine have a pool of elite swimmers in the water relying on an android app to process a delay on HD footage and then replaying it on a tiny screen, all the while fingers crossed that the wifi is working well....??

The reason I wasn't explicit is because of answers like yours. I realise there are lots of people that come on forums wanting to be spoon fed, but you shouldn't assume that's the case with everyone. I am aware of the options out there, they don't do what we need, we need a work around- hence trying to think outside commonly available options

You did not google it. The apps are very advanced and can work with advanced gear.

Then I pointed to the more expensive options tailored for "elite" swimmers.

But you want to reinvent the wheel and use security cameras to record your "elite" swimmers. What were you thinking? Do you think your "elite" swimmers want to mess with an NVR or NVR software? IF they cant handle an ipad, then forget it. Yeah makes total sense.

You also dont understand how ipads work, you can display it on a HUGE screen. BASIC knowledge. Seems to me that you are a cctv guy who wants this contract but has no clue about this industry. You are doing your client a disservice.

There is no reason to be pompous when a response is given. EVEN if you did google it dont you think its important to EXPLAIN what your case use is? Do you think it would be at all relevant? The reason you didnt mention your case use is because you assumed it was not relevant and now you are pissed when you realize that it is.

You will not find a better solution than one designed for the purpose.

"You will not find a better solution than one designed for the purpose."

Yeah, if it does the job properly (and as designed). Can't reason with someone with that mindset.../out

"You will not find a better solution than one designed for the purpose."

Yeah, if it does the job properly (and as designed). Can't reason with someone with that mindset.../out

Right so you tested the other solutions and determined that they dont work...right...next step, modify cctv equipment...lol....it appears that I hit the nail on the head with my prior analysis.

Hi you will find a few recorders that will allow you to do what you want

Dahua has replay as standard on each camera image

Hes doesnt want replay. He wants an intentional 20 second delay, so the swimmers simply get out of the water and watch the footage. As stated there are simple effective solutions desinged for this purpose. Using security cameras and NVR/DVR's to do this is silly.

Hes doesnt want replay. He wants an intentional 20 second delay, so the swimmers simply get out of the water and watch the footage. As stated there are simple effective solutions desinged for this purpose. Using security cameras and NVR/DVR's to do this is silly.

Yes and I said replay .... His fixes the time he needs or length ..... And it's called replay on dahua or matrix and aver ..... Neat her of which is play back

Yes and I said replay .... His fixes the time he needs or length ..... And it's called replay on dahua or matrix and aver ..... Neat her of which is play back

Again,that does not create a permanent 20 second delay in the video that is continuous without user interaction

Edited by Guest

In geovision you can click on the camera's live view and see an event that happened 30 sec ago or I think up to 30 min however it is a little clunky for what you want as it opens the player and then loads the file.

Yes it does

What dahua NVR has this option?

The word replay is not even in any of the user manuals.

On all dahua dvr and NVR since 2008

And avermedia its matrix and been on since 20011

But if you have to look at the manual then it obvious you have not used it so how can you comment about it

Yes it does

What dahua NVR has this option?

The word replay is not even in any of the user manuals.

On all dahua dvr and NVR since 2008

And avermedia its matrix and been on since 20011

But if you have to look at the manual then it obvious you have not used it so how can you comment about it

I call bull. There is no such function.

I quit installing standalone NVR's long ago. I use pc based. I have never seen that option on a dahua NVR. I dont have one around to test with because I got rid of the standalones and replaced them all. So please educate me

Where is this secret function hidden. Why is the word replay not mentioned in the manual?

If you think it's bull then that is your problem.

I just responded to a post with a fact

Where is it in the settings. I will get a hold of a dahua nvr and test.