high_voltage

Looking For PTZ IP Cameras For Documentary

Hi, First post here not sure if it's the right forum or not for my questions but I can't get any answers from web searches and the market is overflooded with IP cameras and it's overwhelming so without actually seeing the picture quality it's very hard to chose one!!!

I'm looking to get 3 high quality CCTV IP PTZ cameras for a documentary project.

All 3 cameras have to be PTZ over IP, all controlled from a PC from one location. 1080i resolution and it has to be very good in low light (no night vision but high ISO).

Also it's for outdoor purposes so I need enclosures on all 3 of them.

Any ideas on what I could use?

Hi, First post here not sure if it's the right forum or not for my questions but I can't get any answers from web searches and the market is overflooded with IP cameras and it's overwhelming so without actually seeing the picture quality it's very hard to chose one!!!

I'm looking to get 3 high quality CCTV IP PTZ cameras for a documentary project.

All 3 cameras have to be PTZ over IP, all controlled from a PC from one location. 1080i resolution and it has to be very good in low light (no night vision but high ISO).

Also it's for outdoor purposes so I need enclosures on all 3 of them.

Any ideas on what I could use?

Try Bosch MIC 7230 dynamic version.

Resolution is 1080p

Contact me if you want video samples

Ilkie

Looks pretty good. Could I decode the video signal and record it with a video capture card at the other end?

Is it the 7230 similar in picture quality to the 7000?

So far it's the best picture quality I've seen in low light from a surveillance camera .

Looks pretty good. Could I decode the video signal and record it with a video capture card at the other end?

Is it the 7230 similar in picture quality to the 7000?

So far it's the best picture quality I've seen in low light from a surveillance camera .

The 7000 mentioned is a generic term for the range.

It includes an ultra low light version called the starlight (MIC-7130) which has a slightly more sensitive sensor but only offers 720p.

You can decode the signal to PAL but you reduce the resolution

You can record the RTSP or H.264 stream using third party AV, ONVIF compliant software or Bosch's own Video Client (BVC) software

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Thanks guys. I discovered that they sell the decoder Videojet 3000 http://us.boschsecurity.com/us_product/products/video/encodersanddecoders/decoders/videojetdecoder3000/videojetdecoder3000_21146

Somebody mentioned to me the Sony BRC-H900 I looked at the price and it's way too expensive. But apparently it has a good camera but I don't think it has many good options as the Bosch and it's double the price.

Thanks guys. I discovered that they sell the decoder Videojet 3000 http://us.boschsecurity.com/us_product/products/video/encodersanddecoders/decoders/videojetdecoder3000/videojetdecoder3000_21146

Somebody mentioned to me the Sony BRC-H900 I looked at the price and it's way too expensive. But apparently it has a good camera but I don't think it has many good options as the Bosch and it's double the price.

The VJD3000 decoder is end-of-life at the end of 2016.

This unit will give you PAL composite video output at 4CIF via a BNC connector, so lower resolution than the native camera output

Regards

Ilkie

Hey, I recommend the Axis Q8665-LE, They are the go-to camera for all of my installations and are supplied with 2 Videotec GEKO IRN illuminators, which will give you around 150-200 Meters of night vision! The only thing is the brackets are sold seperatly, but that goes for the majoritory of Axis' top of the line cameras.

You can check different kind of such Axis cameras here: www.viralcameras.com . There are different type of axis cams. However from what i see - they are quite good.

Very cool. Any reasons why the aspect ratio of the video is just out of this world? Looks like a video stitching feed but even wider

Hi. The link is from a spam don't use the site ...

What footage are you looking at catching

Axis avigilon and Sony and bosh will give you good lowlight