Nelix

PTZ Control from keyboard and DVR to one Cam

Hi, I have posted this thread else where on this forum but I think I posted it in the wrong place so did not get any responses so thought I would try here. Sorry if this means I am duplicating posts, the admins can feel free to remove the old post if need be.

I have a question regarding PTZ.

I currently have a Vista Dome with EX480P camera installed that is being controlled by a vista NPX/KBD/J3De keyboard, it all work very well into a PCI card in a PC.

I have recently purchased a HikVision DVR (DS-7104 HGHI-SH) so that I don't need to have a PC switched on 24/7 to record footage. The DVR has RS-485 connection (2 off, D+ & D-).

I am trying to get both the keyboard and the DVR to be able to PTZ, mainly so I can use the keyboard when at home and utilise the PTZ of the DVR when away.

I know the keyboard Baud Rate is 19200 as it displays it when powered up and I know the Camera address is 001 as I can retrieve this information from the camera menus but I don't know the Data Bit, Stop Bit, Parity or Flow Control information. I also believe the protocol to be Pelco D but cannot be 100% sure.

What's the best way to get these working together?

I hope someone can help.

Kind Regards

Nelix