gcelec

Live text generator for SDI

I work with underwater robotics, and as I'm usually recording a few channels of video I've been using CCTV DVR's in various forms over the years.

Inserting live text (date, time, location, instrument data etc) wasn't difficult with analog video, but now I'm building a tool that requires 8 channels of HD-SDI video with OSD. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced SDI text inserter?

Alternatively, there may be a PC based DVR solution. The cameras will be recorded at 1080p, 30 fps.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Where's the feed recorded to ?

If it's to standard SDI CCTV DVR, you might want to look at the DVR Text overlay feature.

You can edit it there, or if you are looking at integrating with other program, some DVR have api that allows you to update the text overlay vie the API.

The feeds are recorded to the DVR. I thought I'd be able to use POS input but the DVR's just seem to log the data. The main problem is I need to export the video, either in a viewer, or in .avi format with the overlay embedded onto the image.

Here is a link to a sample of the video with the overlay I'd like to display https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43HGl1IXasRZzJ3RTByNXA5V28/view?usp=sharing

The feeds are recorded to the DVR. I thought I'd be able to use POS input but the DVR's just seem to log the data. The main problem is I need to export the video, either in a viewer, or in .avi format with the overlay embedded onto the image.

Here is a link to a sample of the video with the overlay I'd like to display https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B43HGl1IXasRZzJ3RTByNXA5V28/view?usp=sharing

Hi interesting video.it looks similar to weld test and metal thickness X-ray that we did for ships.

Are you also collecting data on a PC ? As it looks like you are using text as a reference code.

Check your pm and see if this will give you more than just text.

There software is open so I would also take a look at that and see if can be adapted to do your text but also other data you are collecting on the same screen in multi colours

That video was recorded on a $20,000 PC based DVR that has a lot of bells and whistles I don't really need. thanks for PMing me link to the Innova product.