Sign in to follow this  
moopie

POE Extension and Conduit Fill

Hello,

I am installing POE(15Watts) and POE+(25Watts) IP cameras at my facility.

Ethernet Extension

I currently use Enable-IT products (specifically 865PTZ) to overcome the 328ft ethernet limitation.

1. What other options exist to extend the range of POE and POE+?

2. I have been told fiber optic is an alternative, but I assume that approach is only limited to data, correct? not POE?

Ethernet

3. How do you run your ethernet cables? In conduit, flexible conduit, flexible metal conduit, etc?

Conduit Fill

4. What formula/tool do you use when calculating the fill when installing ethernet in conduit?

5. Do you run ethernet outside of conduit? when? Are there any guides/documents that govern best practices?

Thanks.

3 , 4, 5

depends on code or environment usually not necessary to run in conduit if indoors. Many types of ethernet cable that can be run. plenum outdoor rated direct bury etc. Check out a catalog from General, Belden or other mfg.

Usually 60% fill on conduit or raceway also more often than not it ends up filled more than that.

Can run on outside of conduit depending on code environoment. Cannot run in same conduit as mains power wires.

You can run your signal over fiber but would have to have power from some other source.

Hello,

I am installing POE(15Watts) and POE+(25Watts) IP cameras at my facility.

Ethernet Extension

I currently use Enable-IT products (specifically 865PTZ) to overcome the 328ft ethernet limitation.

1. What other options exist to extend the range of POE and POE+?

2. I have been told fiber optic is an alternative, but I assume that approach is only limited to data, correct? not POE?

Ethernet

3. How do you run your ethernet cables? In conduit, flexible conduit, flexible metal conduit, etc?

Conduit Fill

4. What formula/tool do you use when calculating the fill when installing ethernet in conduit?

5. Do you run ethernet outside of conduit? when? Are there any guides/documents that govern best practices?

Thanks.

This is correct, we deal with fiber all the time, it is easy and cheap send data or video over fiber, but not POE,

You need 10/100 or gigabit Ethernet fiber optic transceivers, for short distance multimode are ok