bentech

Wireless CCTV Cam IP or Analog over 1000'

Hi ,

I would like to transmit wireless CCTV signal ~1000' from the source to a DVR/NVR or a regular display.

I have 12V at the source and an analog cam but I can change it to an IP if required.

Any idea if possible and waht I need to do this ?

Tks....

Hi ,

I would like to transmit wireless CCTV signal ~1000' from the source to a DVR/NVR or a regular display.

I have 12V at the source and an analog cam but I can change it to an IP if required.

Tks....

Google IP radios

A wireless unit will require a strong, consistent connection. At my home, we've installed a wired connection for the security cameras, just because it is more consistent and less susceptible to interference. I don't think there are many, but cameras using GHz wireless channel are a good option as well (they might be expensive). My advice would be, if the infrastructure of your location can manage it, wired will be a better option than wireless CCTV.

I've installed close range wifi IP cameras (Microseven branded), maybe about a 15-20 m away and two walls appart. It's possible, but you will have to have a STRONG signal in order to avoid delays or getting a camera video a few seconds behind the other or the image to freeze occasionally...

As said before: an ubiquity might do the job, I'm about to do something like that, but I'm not going to use Ubiquity M2 Loco in direct connection to the camera, but to a DVR with two analog cameras and a Router. The DVR will transmit to a Desktop Computer where 2 or 3 DVRs will be viewed remotely with software integration.

(DVR--> Router <---> Ubiquity --> Wired Network)

I saw a good youtube video where he states (nearly at the end) that for real time video you NEED to use 802.11n Wireless, because it's optimized for it

It would be nice to see how it worked for you

if you are going to use analogue camera its not possible to use wireless connection unless use decoder and convert your signal to IP.

Hi ,

Tks....

Hello, use a device call VDS (CCTV Extender) Design for long distance, it can supply you power and stabilize the signal even the distance is very long.