safeabz

floureon email setup server keep failing or wrong username

hi i got floureon dvr box and sky broadband and cant get the email option to work ive tried everything i managed to connect it to my phone and can watch from anywhere with internet but some reason the e.mail smtp keeps failing i but smtp.gmail.com port 465 my e.mail address. also open all ports on sky router and firewall , failed to connect to srever or wrong username password and i know its correct, any idea, i find it hard to beleive its faulty box cuz the box sends information to my phone its just e.mail and i open pop3 service etc in my gmail too

please help

Hi. Are you using a gmail account ?

Yes personal gmail account

Hi. On your dvr have you entered 8.8.8.8 under secondary dns

Hi. Are you using a gmail account ?

Yes personal gmail account

Hi. On your dvr have you entered 8.8.8.8 under secondary dns

Hi

Have you sorted as i am having the same issue.

I am speaking to there support but they haven't a clue. I have upgraded the firmware but still the same.

I know that all the settings are correct as i have a SMTP relay server at home and can connect and telnet from any other device so i know there is nothing wrong with the settings. I believe the issues is with the firmware but they wont accept just wondered if you had sorted your issue?

Ta

hi I also have the floureon h.264 dvr and cant get the email notifications working, tried lots of different accounts with no joy, want to use my gmail acc preferably, all other functions work ie remote view and download.

I have emailed floureon support for latest firmware.

dvr model no is D6007D-F

Firmware - v1.0.1.3098 28/7/15

Simon

had this same issue,though everything was correct,i went into my gmail setting,thats my personal email settings and changed less secure app from off to on, then i retried my cctv email function on floureon,test email and it worked..

what i dont understand is after getting email notification in my inbox i deleted them and i realise i stopped getting email alert .i went into the dvr and test sent email. says wrong username or password, checked to see if less secure app in gmail was off.it wasnt. have no idea what happened. still battling this issue

Hi, can anyone tell me what app they use to view on phone ? I have a floureon system and cant get it working online even though i have an internet connection to it.