Sign in to follow this  
bfig

Using a desktop image from a PC as a "camera"

I'm trying to setup a usability lab and bought an Annke video surveilance system. I have two rooms, both with two cameras and NVR and I want to be able to see Room 1's cameras on Room 2 and vice-versa. That I already solved.

Now my main problem is I want to be able to see what a user is doing on a PC and feed it into the NVR as if it were a camera. Ideally I would be able to see on the NVR, simultaneously, the feed from two cameras and the PC's desktop.

To do that I need to convert the output of the PC and feed it into the NVR just like if I were connecting it to a projector.

The output from the PC is VGA. So how can I I convert this signal into the right signal and feed it into the NVR over its POE connection? Thank you in advance.

If your NVR supports Onvif protocol, then there are three applications available:

- Screen Onvif

- DeskCamera

- PC-CCTV .

They all emulate PC screen output as Onvif IP camera. Unfortunately, none is freeware, but there are demo versions for testing.

Other solution is hardware VGA to RCA converter, but it works only with analog DVR inputs and the picture quality is much lower than the original.