allpisces

POS Integration...

Hi All,

I know there are specific cases of POS integration has been already discussed on this forum... but would like to get some idea/inputs from you guys on my scenario...

I install CCTV system for a small food-chain in US. I have installed 10s of stores with regular AHD 720p Analog cameras... most of the store generally has 3 POS (2 regular & 1 Drive through). I normally install 960H/H.264 DVRs (16 or 32ch) with remote view...

I need a solution which can use the existing POS & Cameras and write it to either PC based or another DVR (current DVR doesn't have search capability - I don't want just text overlay) and be able to keyword search videos based on transactions (number, no-sale, amount, etc). Their existing POS system has plenty of reporting and alerting, so I don't need this system to do any of those other than providing a way to keyword search the video quickly.

Looks like the AVE VSI-Pro V1300 could be integrated to the existing POS to capture data, but I am not sure whether I need to buy 1 for each POS. Also, I am struggling to find a proper solution to write the data into a place where it can be eventually keyword searched... Here is where its getting more tricky, they would like to eventually monitor/review all the 3 POSs at 10+ stores at a central location. So this system should be able to either write directly into a remote site or at least transferable.

So this is what I am looking for... not sure whether there is anything available ready-made or I need to customize/program something.

- A Device/System that can

1. Accept the POS output (RS232?)

2. Accept Camera output (BNC)

3. Merge/Overlay them and provides output (not sure this will be BNC) that can be written it to a video searchable database (which can be transferred remotely)

TIA...

POS integration could in 2 different way.

1. serial connection

2.TCP/IP

Depends on what type of POS and NVR you have you can choose one of above solution for integartion