Sign in to follow this  
gojkog21

Remote Connection IP Cam

Hi,

Could anyone tell me is it possible to install some free software on PC (like VLC), which will listen for video stream from remote IP camera??

Problem is NAT behind NAT, so I can't set port forwarding on router where camera is connected.

The vendor (Instar in my case) suggests mobile app, but I need to install app on PC and remotely access to live stream on that camera (which is not on LAN).

Thanks,

Gojko

Hi GadgetAssistant,

I know it isn't, but second router is on side of ISP, I can't access it.

So, is there any other solution? If I can use mobile app correctly, I have no idea why I can't use app for, eg. Windows.

Thanks,

Gojko

I've found apk for Windows. P2P_Client is its name. I can suggest it, works the same as mobile client apk.

But I have a problem with ACTi IP cameras now.

It seems that they don't support P2P connection. Considering that I can't set port forwarding, there is no other ways to setup remote access??

Gojko

Use an NVR that can use ACTI cameras and that supports P2P. Connect the cameras to the NVR, and use P2P to connect to the NVR.

That sounds good! I'll try to find NVR that supports P2P and is compatible with ACTi cameras.

Thanks for idea!

Hi,

Could you tell me one more thing.

Namely, ACTi camera has Port mapping feature on web configuration. There I sow Multicast Setting with Multicast IP and Multicast TTL fields. So, is it possible to listen on VLC (or other application) on that multicast address from remote network?

Thanks,

Gojko