The Carbonator

Any cheap Bosch Bilinx PTZ adapter for old DVRs these days?

Being retired, I don't want to pay the big bux on serious business equipment. I got given four VDN-498's after a business I worked for went to a new IP cam system. I also have an old (15 Y/O) PACOM PC based DVR that I assume is analogue (capture card/IO interface). It has the RS interface and onscreen PTZ in the PACOM/IDR software that used to control some other type of PTZ cams I didn't get. It records image from the VDN cam fine, but obviously the PTZ is not the Bilinx format over coax. Is there a simple and cheap option these days to adapt the old DVR serial controls to Bosch Bilinx to get the PTZ working. It would be more a novelty than requirement, but I could use the PTZ in the chicken coop to monitor the nest boxes if it was cheap enough.

I have a serial to bi-phase converter box made by Bosch that should work. It was retired when the Bosch G3 PTZ was replaced with a digital PTZ. Send me a private message and we can exchange emails.

Hey people, either prairietech has forgotten about or cant help, as I have had no reply (weekend might be what's happening - ). Anyone else know of any options for me.

Is there a circuit I could build instead of getting a pre-made adapter? I'd only need to control one cam at a time, I can just swap the coax locally if I wanted to remote swing a cam around.