Sign in to follow this  
howuduin

Can I access my PTZ camera without logging in to my NVR?

Hello,

I'm wondering if it would be possible for me to make my ip PTZ camera available to certain friends over the internet. The thing is, I'm running it through my NVR and don't want to give them access to the NVR and other cameras.

I have the NVR software working great, and am able to access and control all of my cameras from my desktop and mobile phone.

I want to know if I could allow someone to just have access and control of my PTZ camera without having any access to the NVR? Perhaps with some third party software?

Hello. It might be easier to create an account on the NVR that specifically only permits any sort of access to that particular camera. This solution depends on the NVR having that capability, of course.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I definitely considered doing that, but part of the reason I would like to bypass the NVR is that I would like to possibly try out a different interface and keep my NVR out of the equation. I'd really just like my PTZ camera to act like a stand alone camera as far as anyone outside my personal network sees it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I definitely considered doing that, but part of the reason I would like to bypass the NVR is that I would like to possibly try out a different interface and keep my NVR out of the equation. I'd really just like my PTZ camera to act like a stand alone camera as far as anyone outside my personal network sees it.

Hi. You will need to run your PTZ to a switch or router first before it goes to NVR

This allows your PTZ to be accessed on its own ....... With it being a IP cam it will have its own view software

That makes sense. Then the PTZ will be "free" from the NVR environment.

Now, I know that I will need to get a POE injector, because the PTZ camera is currently using the poe from the NVR.

The only other thing I'm not sure of, will the NVR still be able to treat the PTZ camera the same as far as auto connecting and remembering the settings? If not, maybe you could point out any potential problems?

Edit; I also was curious if the ptz software that I log into the standalone camera with is the only viewing software that works, or can I use other viewers and controllers?

Thanks.