crp

28 IP Cameras for a Convention Center with multiple monitors

Hi, I have a project coming up for a Convention Center which requires installation of 28 HIKVISION IP Cameras. I have a couple of doubts in this.

1) The NVR needs to be placed in their office which is 300 meters away. Whats the best way to do this without loosing video quality?

2) They need the camera feed on 3 LED TVS.

First LED TV is in the convention center itself where the cameras are installed.

Second LED TV is in the office where the NVR is installed.

Third LED TV is in the second floor of the Office Building to the office of the CEO.

All these needs to be on TV and hence cannot use IVMS or other software solutions.

Could some one advise on the best way to do this. ie using Media Convertors / HDMI to Fiber converters etc

any expert advice would be appreciated

you should have a local cctv contractor help you with this. Not knowing how the building is laid out limits one's ability to help you. at minimum you are going to need POE switches with enough ports to accomodate all the cameras plus extras to hook up nvr or pcs as far as multiple monitors you could run ethernet extenders to push the hdmi signal to the various locations. It looks like a wiring job thatneeds be figured out first, as far as nvr or pc based you can get a 32 channel nvr but you may want to go with a couple of 16 channel depending on who needs to see what and the physical layout of the building.

My knowledge on this is somewhat limited, but I may be able to help a little. You're going to need a couple baluns to push the video over cat 6 (you can use cat 5e but cat 6 will future proof it).

Could you take them into a patch panel so the distance is only 150m away? you can add a powered router to "push" the signal the rest on the way(POE). If you're anywhere near London (I live in Enfield) I could possibly help.

regards

Kyle

My knowledge on this is somewhat limited, but I may be able to help a little. You're going to need a couple baluns to push the video over cat 6 (you can use cat 5e but cat 6 will future proof it).

Could you take them into a patch panel so the distance is only 150m away? you can add a powered router to "push" the signal the rest on the way(POE). If you're anywhere near London (I live in Enfield) I could possibly help.

regards

Kyle

Kyle you are right you are limited

Baluns .....powered routers ...... Poe Confused already

Hi, I have a project coming up for a Convention Center which requires installation of 28 HIKVISION IP Cameras. I have a couple of doubts in this.

1) The NVR needs to be placed in their office which is 300 meters away. Whats the best way to do this without loosing video quality?

2) They need the camera feed on 3 LED TVS.

First LED TV is in the convention center itself where the cameras are installed.

Second LED TV is in the office where the NVR is installed.

Third LED TV is in the second floor of the Office Building to the office of the CEO.

All these needs to be on TV and hence cannot use IVMS or other software solutions.

Could some one advise on the best way to do this. ie using Media Convertors / HDMI to Fiber converters etc

any expert advice would be appreciated

You don't mind me asking how you actually got this contract when you don't actually know what you are doing?

Take my advice and use a professional contractor to install and set this all up.

What you are trying to trying to carry out is easy to do but that's why I do what I do day in day out.

Where are you based?