I need to move a system that is already installed in and office> Can anyone tell me how to move the system without having to rewire the hole building I'm using a dvr system with 32 cameras. Is there like a fiber unit i can get to transmit video to the CPU's I'm moving the system to the IT room about 300 ft from office, need to get the CPU'S out of the office . I will use a KVM switch for the Keyboard, mouse and Monitor.

Kstiner,

Apparently Fiber Options does have some nice equpment for transmitting up to 120 video over 1 single mode fiber.

Just don't botter about pricing; it won't be cheap.

move the complete system. trust me, you'll be happier you did. The more "junk" you add to your system the more you will have to maintain.

Using Twisted Pair you can do it this way, nice, neat and will work.

Where all the Coax Cables come in, use 1xNVT NV-3213A (32-Channel Passive Transceiver Hub) for all incoming coax cables. Then output the signals using the UTP side of the transceiver, with a Twisted pair Cable/s up to 32 pairs (1 pair for each camera signal). At the final DVR end, use another NVT NV-3213A (32-Channel Passive Transceiver Hub).

If the total distance from the DVR side to the longest camera side, is more than 750', or there may be a ground loop issue, then you will need the Active (amplified) transceiver at the DVR end only: NVT NV-3262R (32-Channel Active Receiver Hub)

NVT NV-3213A (32-Channel Passive Transceiver Hub)

http://www.spytown.com/nvtnv32popah.html

NVT NV-3262R (32-Channel Active Receiver Hub)

http://www.spytown.com/nvtnv32poach.html

This move will be costly either way, unless you rerun all new wires, though that can also get pricey!

One last method ofcourse would be 2x16 or 1x32 Channel Multiplexer/s, with Loop in and out, then just run new coax from that mux to the new DVR location, or simply use BNC adaptors to join the 2 coax together. 300' is kindof long though (on top of runs from existing cameras) so thats why id recommend Twisted Pair, preferably Amplified (Active).

Rory