brevardcam

Transmitting a bunch of video.... Best / easiest / cheapest

New job, a storage facility spread out over several acreas.... May have to go wireless (due to other utilities, roads, etc..) with up to 12 of them.

I almost always have a couple cameras wireless in a 8 - 16 camera installation, but 12!

Is there a better way than to have to buy 12 transmitters / receiver pairs... Cant some of these signals be combined (multiplexed) then transmitted?...

Plus I have to go about 1500 ft. ..... not many obsticles, pretty much line of sight.

Suggestions please.....

New job, a storage facility spread out over several acreas.... May have to go wireless (due to other utilities, roads, etc..) with up to 12 of them.

I almost always have a couple cameras wireless in a 8 - 16 camera installation, but 12!

Is there a better way than to have to buy 12 transmitters / receiver pairs... Cant some of these signals be combined (multiplexed) then transmitted?...

Plus I have to go about 1500 ft. ..... not many obsticles, pretty much line of sight.

Suggestions please.....

the best ive seen yet for wireless cctv and support:

http://www.videotransmitters.com/

16 channel version.

http://www.videocommtech.com/index.php?SCREEN=view_catalogue_level3&id=10&series_ID=39

Would this provide the bandwidth needed for surveillance using 12 cams.

Also, the ip cams are still priced too high.

thanks

how do you mean?

The wireless video transmitters send real time video back to the receiver, then that just connects to a dvr or multiplexer, as with wired video. There is no bandwidth issue, it is UHF - 900Mhz, 2.4Ghz, or 5.8 Ghz.

I thought you were referring to setting up the cameras on a lan line then connecting the LAN to DVR via wireless (linksys type) connection.

The traditional, or way I have been doing it, ie... xmit / rec pair per camera, bandwidth is not an issue.

I would think it would be when using LAN or IP server devices.

Although, you got me thinking about that one....... I bet there is a cost effective way to use IP cams and then just view them remotely from the main office.

thanks

If you can set up a wireless LAN system covering the areas you want you can use any IP cam, but if not then you have to figure out a way to get your camera into a network, which may not be easy.