xavier4or

Help - trying to access my first Hikvision camera

Ok, sorry I must be doing something wrong...

Got my first Hikvision camera (converting from the Logitech cameras) and have plugged it into my POE switch. The 3 lights (Power, Link, Act) show it is working correctly.

So I am trying to access the camera from IE using the default IP address of 192.0.0.64 but I get an error message - "this webpage is not available".

Do I need to change something on my router? I can see the camera on iVMS (with the x.x.x.64 IP address, serial number, etc) but having separate issues getting iVMS work - so trying the web browser method.

Any guidance on what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Your IP camera needs to be configured to your network. The camera's IP needs to correspond with the IP address of your router.

PC - Command Prompt - Enter ipconfig and press enter. Locate the Default Gateway (router's IP)

Mac - Terminal - Enter ifconfig and press enter. Locate the Default Gateway (router's IP)

If you've already done this, or when you finish this, you'll more than likely need to enable the Active X plugin in its entirety, login to the camera, and then add the camera's IP as a trusted site.

Woohoo - I see the camera picture now!

I didn't realize I had to change the IP address to my local network - and I now can see the camera via the web browser and iVMS 4200!

On to getting the PCNVR or iVMS 4200 storage server working...