Dixit

Cant get Dahua firmware to update, saying file unmatch

I have a DH-IPC-HDW4421S that I bought off Aliexpress. It currently has the "V2.400.0000.15.R.20150830" firmware when I look at the information page.

Looking at Dahua site and link below

http://download.dahuatech.com/kit_det.php?cid=3877

Seems like latest version is DH_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Chn_PN_Stream3_V2.400.0000.30.R.20160604.bin.

I found the file in ENG version and its DH_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.400.0000.30.R.20160604.bin but it fails to load saying File Unmatch.

Then tried the file of General_IPC-HX4X2X-Themis_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.400.0000.30.R.20160604.bin, still same thing.

I havent tried the Dahua file itself, since its Chinese, not sure if thats going to cause the entire webui to be in chinese. Technically these are connected to my QSee NVR so i dont actually go much if at all into the camera webui itself.

Any insight on why I cannot seem to get this to update?

Dixit

So here was the File unmatch error I would get

So decided to go ahead try to Chinese version and it actually upgraded. Initially it still came back as English was interesting, but then opening another browser noticed it wasn't, was in Chinese. So it definitely upgraded but now in Chinese.

I thought let me try to Telnet into it and change the language like this thread shows

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45089

But the telnet port is not open even after doing a port scan. So they must have got smart and disabled it. So Im left with a Chinese version, which so far isn't too big of a deal since my QSee NVR can still record from it and change whatever settings it needs to. Just when I go to upgrade it again later, I sort of know which menus to click through on the left since there isn't too many. But would be nice to understand or get this to be on English. Wonder if I need to maybe play a bit more with the actual bin file itself in extracting it and piecing it back together, probably not that simple either.

Dixit

FileUnmatch.JPG.451c5addb2e274474d380aab2d6ea446.JPG

Realistically it seems probably all I need to do is just change that file SimpChinese.txt. To keep the other strings intact could just take the English.txt one, open it, and copy it, and put it all inside the SimpChinese.txt.

But issue is trying to get this .bin to extract fully (wont extract the Install file in there) and then the .img files to open (which I can using 7zip) and close it back intact without modifying the format of the .img

Need to research this more to see how to open these .bin and .img and keep it intact.

Dixit