tomo_76

Wi-Fi devices stop working when NVR is connected to home net

Hello Guys,

When I connect my NVR Samsung SRN-472S to my network it connects as it should to my browser on my PC for live view. My problem is when the NVR is connected to my home network it stops all my Wi-Fi devices from working cell phones, printer, PlayStation, laptops. They can all connect and show full Wi-Fi strength but will not actually load a webpage.

The only thing that will work over Wi-Fi is live view of my Hikvision camera via the NVR on my PC and laptop.

Does anyone know how I can get all my wireless devices working as normal when connected to live view.

The NVR connects to my network via a TP-LINK powerline adapter, I really can’t see how this would cause a problem.

Thanks

Scott

If I understand you correctly. The IP of the TP-link plugs is 192.168.0.9 I don't know how to change them to a higher IP.

Thanks

scott

If I understand you correctly. The IP of the TP-link plugs is 192.168.0.9 I don't know how to change them to a higher IP.

Thanks

scott

Hi one will be 192.168.0.9 the other will be .8 or .10

Enter 192.168.0.9 into your browser

Passwords

admin

admin

I think I was wrong. 192.168.0.9 is the ip for my NVR

when I enter 192.168.0.1 to access my network i get a list on wired and wireless connections.

the only wired connection that is detected is 192.168.0.9 this is what I type in to a browser for live view.

When I turn off the tp-link connected to the NVR my only other wired connection shows up http://192.168.0.8 this is a Satellite TV box.

The IP for the TP-link connected to my hub never shows up in the list of connected devices when I enter 192.168.0.1

Ive found a CD that came with my TP-link I will try and use that to confirm the IP. If possible I will try and change the IP to a higher number.

No, I don't have a ipad. I have a Iphone 5s, Windows 7 PC, Windows 10 laptop

Ok iPhone I'll send to your pm.

Use it to check your network and it will also open your TP plugs

Hello Guys,

When I connect my NVR Samsung SRN-472S to my network it connects as it should to my browser on my PC for live view. My problem is when the NVR is connected to my home network it stops all my Wi-Fi devices from working cell phones, printer, PlayStation, laptops. They can all connect and show full Wi-Fi strength but will not actually load a webpage.

The only thing that will work over Wi-Fi is live view of my Hikvision camera via the NVR on my PC and laptop.

Does anyone know how I can get all my wireless devices working as normal when connected to live view.

The NVR connects to my network via a TP-LINK powerline adapter, I really can’t see how this would cause a problem.

Thanks

Scott

Sounds like you have an IP address conflict or the NVR is working as another DHCP server in your network, or the live view stream overloads your Wi-Fi. If you plug a laptop directly to the NVR, does the laptop get an IP address?

Hello Guys,

Thanks

Scott

Sounds like you have an IP address conflict or the NVR is working as another DHCP server in your network, or the live view stream overloads your Wi-Fi. If you plug a laptop directly to the NVR, does the laptop get an IP address?

I can remember a few months ago when I first tried to fix this that the IP for my phone would change to 192.168.0.200 and the wifi would no longer work. This didn't happen today so I didn't mention it.

It looks like 192.168.0.9 is the IP for the camera not the NVR i've just looked at the network settings of the NVR I have two Ethernet connections,

Network 1 (camera)

Network 2 (viewer)

Im using Network 1 to connect to my network this has its own IP 192.168.0.200 (what my wireless devices sometimes change to)

I changed this from its default of 192.168.1.200 when first setting up my camera because I had problems registering my camera and the excellent advice from this forum told me to change the default. Without the advice in the link i would of never got the camera registered. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=47954&p=278417#p278417.

Here are my network settings for the NVR

IPv4

IP type: Static

Ip address: 192.168.0.200

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

DNS: manual 168.126.63.1

Hello Guys,

Thanks

Scott

I’ve connected my laptop directly into each of the two Ethernet ports on the NVR. Both give me the IP 192.168.0.12

It connects as ETHERNET 2

It also says IPv4 DNS Servers: 168.126.63.1

Hello Guys,

Thanks

Scott

I’ve connected my laptop directly into each of the two Ethernet ports on the NVR. Both give me the IP 192.168.0.12

It connects as ETHERNET 2

It also says IPv4 DNS Servers: 168.126.63.1

Was the laptop the only network cable connected to the NVR at that time? So the NVR wasn't connected to the rest of the network at the same time? If that's the case, you have DHCP server on in the NVR. This causes it to give out IP addresses on your network, and then other devices try to access the internet through the NVR which won't work as you already have a router/gateway in your network.

Try to find DHCP server section in the NVR settings and turn it off if it's on. If you connect your cameras directly to the NVR, then the DHCP server should be on, but only on the ports that connect to the cameras and not on the port that connects to the rest of your network. If your cameras are not connected directly to the NVR, then you should turn DHCP server off in the NVR.

Did you run the software I sent ?

I ran the software, thanks for sending it, it’s a great bit of software. I could see all the stuff on my network when I pressed LAN except the TP plugs.

Yes, the laptop was the only network cable connected to the NVR, it was not connected to the network during the test. The camera was connected during the test via PoE port in NVR.

I looked in the DHCP setting on my NVR it said status run and had a full list of all my wireless/wired IP addresses.

I changed the status from RUN to STOP and the list of connected IPs disappeared. All my devices are now working as they should. Live view on my browser no longer causes me any trouble, ive been testing it for three hours without any problems.

I have one camera that goes into the back of the NVR via the PoE port, the NVR is then connected by a network cable to a TP-link powerline plug, in the next room another TP-link plug connects via Ethernet to my NETGEAR router. This seems to be the correct way to use the NVR so I don’t understand why the DHCP setting was on by default, I guess Samsung had a reason.

Thanks to everyone for all the support, I really appreciate it.

Scott

Yes, the laptop was the only network cable connected to the NVR, it was not connected to the network during the test. The camera was connected during the test via PoE port in NVR.

I looked in the DHCP setting on my NVR it said status run and had a full list of all my wireless/wired IP addresses.

I changed the status from RUN to STOP and the list of connected IPs disappeared. All my devices are now working as they should. Live view on my browser no longer causes me any trouble, ive been testing it for three hours without any problems.

I have one camera that goes into the back of the NVR via the PoE port, the NVR is then connected by a network cable to a TP-link powerline plug, in the next room another TP-link plug connects via Ethernet to my NETGEAR router. This seems to be the correct way to use the NVR so I don’t understand why the DHCP setting was on by default, I guess Samsung had a reason.

Thanks to everyone for all the support, I really appreciate it.

Scott

Great that you got it working. I guess Samsung had in mind that it would work as the internet gateway at the same time, but most people already have device for that function.