Sign in to follow this  
ghert23

Very strange situation with my IP cam.

So i've bought this ip cam from china. I have connected it and everything was good. Few days later I decided to change the password as it was blank. I logged out and after a couple of hours I wanted to log in again. The password was wrong. What? I've typed every possible combination I could think of. Nothing. Also there is NO reset button! I've contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a reset user info program. This also doesnt work. It says the device is not online although it IS online. Pfffff. Now im stuck again.

Do you guys have any idea?

So i've bought this ip cam from china.

There is your answer.

Yeah ok it's a cheap chinese ipcam. But the thing is that even that it's a cheap piece, it SHOULD have a way to reset.

So i've bought this ip cam from china.

There is your answer.

Yeah ok it's a cheap chinese ipcam. But the thing is that even that it's a cheap piece, it SHOULD have a way to reset.

Sounds like a P2P China camera .... located and run on there server.

You first setup was with original password... which is also on there server....... change camera password local and you get no access from there server.

Try re installing ....

But why do you want a cheap camera that a stranger can watch you

You first setup was with original password... which is also on there server....... change camera password local and you get no access from there server.

Try re installing ....

Re-install what? I just downloaded CMS searched for the cam in local, put username and password and it worked (before the current login problem). I didnt install anything.

I cannot access it from lan anymore.

Try re installing ....

Re-install what? I just downloaded CMS searched for the cam in local, put username and password and it worked (before the current login problem). I didnt install anything.

I cannot access it from lan anymore.

you said that they send you a software.. do you have SADP with this you can downalod when the camera was activated date and time, some reset software is like the one for hikvision where you download the time and date and it generates a master code to reset the password....