rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

I just got my new Dahua eco savy 2mp 30x optical zoom PTZ. I threw it up on my terrace and shot this quick little video.

I kept it in color because there is enough light, but the IR strength is amazing.

very impressive. do you have any day time shots....

I just got my new Dahua eco savy 2mp 30x optical zoom PTZ. I threw it up on my terrace and shot this quick little video.

I kept it in color because there is enough light, but the IR strength is amazing.

ZHlIf9PZydw

Amazing. 30x is a looong arm man! Although I'm sure a good portion of that is digital zoom too. I see that security guard down there has a camera system too, heh. But zoomed into that building at 30 seconds in- got any idea of that distance? Scary good.

very impressive. do you have any day time shots....

Here it is at daytime.

Snow on the ground helps with the night time image big time!!

For those who don't get snow, please post night-time images with no snow on the ground.

Send me one and I'll test it without snow. It's not going to be a white Christmas this year, even at the local ski resorts, 77F predicted for the 25th.

The problem I had with their large PTZ's is they don't go up far enough. So on a high-rise looking down, sure, works great, but say on a pole mounted camera, 10-12' up, you zoom in 30x and you can see ants on the ground, but you can't see the horizon. In a perfect world, would love to see at least the horizon at mid screen. You would think with the external ball design of their PTZ, they can point slightly up. I get it that it would be hard on a PTZ with an internal dome, but the Axis Q60 does it, why can't Dahua do it? Has anyone worked around this issue, a hack maybe?

Send me one and I'll test it without snow. It's not going to be a white Christmas this year, even at the local ski resorts, 77F predicted for the 25th.

The problem I had with their large PTZ's is they don't go up far enough. So on a high-rise looking down, sure, works great, but say on a pole mounted camera, 10-12' up, you zoom in 30x and you can see ants on the ground, but you can't see the horizon. In a perfect world, would love to see at least the horizon at mid screen. You would think with the external ball design of their PTZ, they can point slightly up. I get it that it would be hard on a PTZ with an internal dome, but the Axis Q60 does it, why can't Dahua do it? Has anyone worked around this issue, a hack maybe?

Easy mount it at an angle

My personal PTZ is on the 15th floor, but I've installed several as high as I can on a 2 story home and did not have any complaints

about the upward limit.

It depends on the distance, for example the case where this is a problem, the coastline 2 miles away would be too low and not capture the buildings behind it at the full 20x zoom. It's mounted on the roof of a building, so maybe 15-20' up.

Here's a side by side of an ACTi E32 (right) and Mobotix D15 (left) at night (both taken about the same time, mounted next to each other). The ACTi is a 4mm lens, the Mobotix is 38mm (their 35mm film equivalent, if I had to guess, probably a 6mm lens). This is the latest technology from Mobotix with MxLEO, their low light feature. The E32 is 3MP, the Mobotix B&W sensor is 1.2MP. Both were done at 1/30 max auto exposure. I have WDR at "medium" on the E32, so contrast may appear lower than in the D15.

I shrunk the picture down and put them side by side to see. For me, the videos from both cameras are about equal at night in terms of noise and low light sensitivity although I get better frame rates from the ACTi.

238180_1.jpg

I shrunk the picture down and put them side by side to see. For me, the videos from both cameras are about equal at night in terms of noise and low light sensitivity although I get better frame rates from the ACTi.

238180_1.jpg

Hey buellwinkle,

If your picture shown is expanded, it seems that ACTi E32 appeared to be a

cleaner night image (less noise) compares to the mobotix D15.

Because there is less tiny flickering white spots on the ACTi E32 snap shot.

Yes, not happy with the new Mobotix sensor, it's smaller (1/2.5" vs 1/2" on older model) and there's noise. Also, not sure they corrected for the smaller sensor, so I have a 38mm lens that shows a narrower viewing angle than the 43mm lens in the older camera.

Yes, not happy with the new Mobotix sensor, it's smaller (1/2.5" vs 1/2" on older model) and there's noise. Also, not sure they corrected for the smaller sensor, so I have a 38mm lens that shows a narrower viewing angle than the 43mm lens in the older camera.

The mobotix image looks better to me, although difficult to compare because of different focal lengths.

I was just illustrating the noise levels, not that much different considering that the ACTI E32 is not advertised as ACTi's low light camera, just their ordinary 3MP bullet where the Mobotix is being billed as their ultra low light camera with MxLEO, sort of how Axis has Lightfinder. From my testing, the D15 is not at the same level a say an ACTi KCM-5611 that is billed as ACTi's low light camera.

I switched out one of the worst offenders back with a D14 and the low light sensitivity is not quite as good, but there's very little to no noise compared with the D15 and during the day, the areas that used to be blown out are decent.

What happened is they made the sensor more sensitive to light, but that had a bad effect during the day where it's very easy to blow out an image, for example, a sunlight on your jeans may be enough to blow that part of the image out to a white blob.

Also, what I noticed is that the camera is not able to react to light changes as quick as the D14, so it takes longer to adjust to incoming headlights in a side by side comparison.

The other problem we are having is really poor frame rates on recordings to NAS, certainly far worse than the D14 setup the same way.

We are in the process of deciding where to go for new cameras and money is not the issue, just looking for best quality image and NAS record, probably Hikvision or Axis. Already told 3 customers to hold of on Mobotix to see if they can improve the product or chose something else.

Where do you buy this, and how much?

On a recent review on the Hikvision 3MP with 12mm lens, I was able to read a plate about 80' away in bright daylight.

At night, never going to happen, a good box camera with low light sensitivity with a good 50mm lens combined with an awesome IR illuminator would be what you need.

The Acti 5611 would be such a camera?

Just thought i'd add a couple of shots of the Hikvision 3MP bullet DS-2CD2032-I 4mm which is deployed on

my Avigilon ACC 5.0.2.28 home server.

Hik-3MP-Day2.thumb.jpg.99706d3993a312cd9e4716caccbc873d.jpg

Hik-3MP-Night2.thumb.jpg.8ba0a60aec21f7b0918346005fd68be6.jpg

Here are live demos using Foscam demo cameras. So you can compare models if needed.

Click on any of the Nine Foscam U.S. IP Demo Camera images below to view a specific IP Camera in Real-Time. If a demo IP Camera is offline you will not be able to view it individually.

243121_1.jpg243121_2.jpg243121_3.jpg

243121_4.jpg243121_5.jpg243121_6.jpg

243121_7.jpg243121_8.jpg243121_9.jpg

Live Demonstration Using All The Above Foscam U.S. Demo IP Cameras Using Automatic Refreshed Images At The Same Time.

Note: Images are small for demonstration purposes:

http://107.170.59.150/foscam/FoscamUS.htm

Don

Added Totally Secure Foscam H.264 Based IP Camera Display and Control Support. Even when using HTTP not just HTTPS.

Prior to this release. Only Totally Secure Display was supported using HTTP or HTTPS not IP Camera Controls.

All Foscam H.264 based IP Camera Models can be configured for the size display of your choice. For demonstration purposes. A width of 640 pixels is being used while keeping the aspect ratio for height. But you can configure any default size and use the Interfaces infinite zoom as needed.

Here is an example of a FI9826W using the actual default Snapshot resolution of 1280x720 instead of 640. The FI9826W is capable of default 1280x960 resolution but this one is at 1280x720:

http://107.170.59.150/foscam/SecureImageDisplayControl.htm

You can also access the camera using HTTPS even if the camera is not using HTTPS for remote access. Access can be combined with your own unique login using the User Id and Password of your choice not connected with any User Id and/or Password for the camera itself. The optional logon can be used using HTTP or HTTPS. Try it here.

Note: The HTTPS example is using a self-signed SSL certificate so you will see a warning when using the HTTPS link.

User Id: admin

Password: admin

HTTP:

http://107.170.59.150/foscam/SecureImageDisplayControlLogin.php

HTTPS:

https://107.170.59.150/foscam/SecureImageDisplayControlLogin.php

You can directly access the camera without the Logon using HTTPS as well:

https://107.170.59.150/foscam/SecureImageDisplayControl.htm

Foscam H.264 based IP Camera Models FI9805W, FI9821W V1, FI9821W V2, FI9826W, FI9828W and FI9831W support using the Interfaces Infinite zoom feature. Which is configurable by your choice of zoom percentage per click or infinite zoom can be disabled.

Foscam H.264 based IP Camera Models FI9821W V1, FI9821W V2, FI9826W, FI9828W and FI9831W now also support as many as 10 Presets and Vertical and Horizontal Cruises.

Foscam H.264 based IP Cameras Models FI9826W and FI9828W now support using both the cameras actual zoom lens as well as the Interfaces Infinite zoom ability. They can also be used together.

All these options are configurable and can be enabled/disabled individually.

Simply click on any of the Foscam H.264 based IP Camera Models below to try a live demonstration for any of the IP Camera models:

There is a Two Minute Limit For Demonstration Purposes

243121_5.jpg243121_6.jpg243121_7.jpg243121_8.jpg247784_1.jpg243121_9.jpg

Don

Most MP cameras look great in the day.

The ultimate test for any MP camera is:

1. under LOW LIGHT conditions with MOVING objects (cars/people)

2. under BRIGHT LIGHT with MOVING objects (cars/people)

Thieves/perps do not usually stand still..

Any great value camera for situation number 2?