rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

KT&C mini bullet, just can't beat it.

[attachment=0]ktceg.png[/attachment]

How is one going to justify the expense of a Megapixel Camera when the criminal is wearing a mask??

Now THAT I would love to see

Edited by Guest

Arecont 3130M

4mm lens

1.3megapixel Night shot

This camera is growing on me. I would like to try better lens I think the image would improve alot. Overall I'm happy with this camera although I wish it was easier to setup like a Axis product. Also it's a lot smaller then you think.

Low Light Setting: Quality

79804_1.jpg

Low Light Setting: Moon Light TM

77550_1.jpg

Low Light Setting: Balanced

77550_2.jpg

i was really impressed with the megapixel cameras from avigilon at the iscwest show - has anyone installed this system? i'd like to hear realworld feedback.

thx

pg

Axis 211M 1.3megapixels

Nice, any nighttime samples?

Edited by Guest

Axis 211M 1.3megapixels

Nice, any nighttime samples?

Sorry that camera was for a customer and I shipped it already. I test all of my cameras before I ship them out.

Axis 211M 1.3megapixels

78108_1.jpg

What frame rate and bandwith u getting ?

I am getting 24 frames on Arecont 2100 and 12-13 on 3100

Axis 211M 1.3megapixels

78108_1.jpg

What frame rate and bandwith u getting ?

I am getting 24 frames on Arecont 2100 and 12-13 on 3100

I didn't check the frame rates on the Axis but it didn't look slow at all. I had my Arecont 3130 recording on my old laptop (p4 2.8 1 gig ram 160 hd) that I use for covert recording and it was just barely running (very hot). I was getting around 6-5 fps day @ 3Megapixels and maybe 7-8 at night 1.3Megapixels. The laptop can't handle the Arecont's but I did not have any problem with Axis Camera Station although I haven't tried any Axis mega cameras.

I moved the Arecont recording software to my test server which I like to call The Beast . Supermicro dual Xeon setup running one 2.3 quad core Xeon, 4 gigs of ram, one raptor drive for OS and 2 500 gigs for recording.

With this setup I'm getting 26fps at night 1.3Megapixels and 21fps daytime @ 3megapixels. Just for fun I set it up to record max fps @ max image quality. WOW does this eat storage . It's been recording for 5 hours and it used 78gigs for storage. Also it's eating up about 25% CPU power on 4 cores when I live view but when the program is minimized CPU drops to 4%. The Areconts need lots of CPU and storage.

send one down here and ill put it out by the beach

Edited by Guest

Looks good!

Sorry I don't have anything fun to look at.

Uh, yeah. Nice neighborhood though. Do you have a shot of a person or car driving by? It's hard to really see the resolution with the available subject matter.

If possible examples of movement shots at night would be good, to see how it handles car headlights, and objects moving at speed at night.

Arecont 3130M daytime 3 Megapixel Moving objects:

Speed limit is 35mph

The camera is on a mount shooting though a window. That is why you have the reflection in the day images.

Daytime:

78425_1.jpg

I can almost make out the plate when I zoom in.

78425_2.jpg

78425_3.jpg

Night:

78425_4.jpg

I think the Axis 211M has better color then the Arecont. I am very impressed with the Axis 207MW. That is a very good pic for $400.00 I want to try the Axis 223M, Arecont 5 MP (good lens), and a Avigilon camera. What do you think?

Thanks for taking the time to post those pics Wireguy.

I don't like to be critical, but I was expecting a lot better clarity from the Arecont cameras.

I would think that for that high of resolution, one could read the yellow diamond sign down the street.

Perhaps my expectations are too high or non-realistic.

I also thought the image, overall looked a bit out of focus...except where the sidewalk joins the driveway and the street. That looks to be the "sweet spot" for focus.

Maybe Sanyo will license their Pan-Focus technology to other camera vendors

Thanks for taking the time to post those pics Wireguy.

I don't like to be critical, but I was expecting a lot better clarity from the Arecont cameras.

I would think that for that high of resolution, one could read the yellow diamond sign down the street.

Perhaps my expectations are too high or non-realistic.

I also thought the image, overall looked a bit out of focus...except where the sidewalk joins the driveway and the street. That looks to be the "sweet spot" for focus.

Maybe Sanyo will license their Pan-Focus technology to other camera vendors

I think the problem is with the cheap lens I am using. At some point I am going to order better lens and I think that will help the focus. But I still am not happy with the color. Look at the Axis then the Arecont and you will see what I mean. Over all it's a great camera at a great price but I think we are comparing the megapixel cctv cameras to megapixel still cameras and they have better images.

I talked to Avigilon the other day and it sounds like they have a very good product. The rep I talked to said they're adding IR filters to the cameras in about a month. So I will order one in about a month.

Yah know what really gets me ..

All the [mostly new] manufacturers with their marketing and high prices ..

Yet none of them are posting any real world camera demos out there for potential buyers .. they just EXPECT us to buy it .. come on now .. we want some idea of what we are going to buy before we spend thousands of $$ .. these are not $50 bullet cameras we are talking about .. plus the industry is still is in its infancy .. anyone from the CCTV and PC industry knows you don't just take a manufacturer for their word .. seeing IS believing ..

Some of them can thank thewireguys though for his great posts