autone

Sanyo VCC-HD4000 firmware

Hi guys, I got the VCC-HD4000 a few years back and thus far had no luck with obtaining a firmware update. Any pointers into where I can download them?

Cheers!

You have to call Sanyo technical support

Hi guys, I got the VCC-HD4000 a few years back and thus far had no luck with obtaining a firmware update. Any pointers into where I can download them?

Cheers!

Yes, if you contact their technical support, they can give you a FTP login for downloading firmwares... BTW, Filezilla did not work well for a FTP client on their site, I had better luck with CoreFTP (also free).

I had the same issue. I used Coreftp also.

Yes, if you contact their technical support, they can give you a FTP login for downloading firmwares... BTW, Filezilla did not work well for a FTP client on their site, I had better luck with CoreFTP (also free).

I've got VCC-HD2500 and i also would like to upgrade my firmware.

I red the post and called to my local service support of Sanyo (it's in Moscow) and the guy told me "Sanyo doesn't provide firmware update, not even to us". What to say... So my question is:

does anyone know the telephone number somewhere (Japan, UK, Germany) where i could be provided this precious ftp with login and pass to download the firmware?

please

I red the post and called to my local service support of Sanyo (it's in Moscow) and the guy told me "Sanyo doesn't provide firmware update, not even to us". What to say... So my question is:

does anyone know the telephone number somewhere (Japan, UK, Germany) where i could be provided this precious ftp with login and pass to download the firmware?

please

PM sent

please

ftp://v032826.home.net.pl/cctv/Sanyo_IP/VCC-HD2500P/

I was just able to finally update the firmware on a HD4000. Basically:

1) download the auto-ip update program from the url above. The update version allows you to upgrade the firmware while the previous version of auto-ip does not.

2) using the auto-ip program search for the cameras

3) if the camera appears and is blank in the name field, I called it Sanyo4000. Giving it a name appeared to make a difference, because then the firmware update button was not greyed out anymore.

4) I put the .bin and .hex files in the same folder as the auto-ip program. I also made a folder called vcc-hd4000 and put them in there, since I read on another forum that the auto-ip program is supposed to make a directory for you and you're supposed to put the .bin and .hex files in there. After I ran the search, it did not create the folders, so I did it myself.. not sure if that's why it eventually worked.

5) On the left side it will say "Update available". Click on the update firmware button in the upper right.

6) Wait about 10 minutes.

A couple notes that may have influenced my success:

I'm using a Windows XP computer that also has .NET 1.1 installed. I have triied vieweing the camera in IE on WIndows 7 and 10, but Windows XP is the only one where the zoom and other buttons work correctly. So updating the firmware might also work better on XP with .NET 1.1.

Also, I connected the camera directly to my computer while doing the firmware update. I set my computer's IP to 192.168.0.10 and the camera was 192.168.0.2.

Also, make sure you don't have anything else accessing the camera while the firmware is updating.

I have few Sanyo cams

Are you interested?

I was just able to finally update the firmware on a HD4000. Basically:

1) download the auto-ip update program from the url above. The update version allows you to upgrade the firmware while the previous version of auto-ip does not.

2) using the auto-ip program search for the cameras

3) if the camera appears and is blank in the name field, I called it Sanyo4000. Giving it a name appeared to make a difference, because then the firmware update button was not greyed out anymore.

4) I put the .bin and .hex files in the same folder as the auto-ip program. I also made a folder called vcc-hd4000 and put them in there, since I read on another forum that the auto-ip program is supposed to make a directory for you and you're supposed to put the .bin and .hex files in there. After I ran the search, it did not create the folders, so I did it myself.. not sure if that's why it eventually worked.

5) On the left side it will say "Update available". Click on the update firmware button in the upper right.

6) Wait about 10 minutes.

A couple notes that may have influenced my success:

I'm using a Windows XP computer that also has .NET 1.1 installed. I have triied vieweing the camera in IE on WIndows 7 and 10, but Windows XP is the only one where the zoom and other buttons work correctly. So updating the firmware might also work better on XP with .NET 1.1.

Also, I connected the camera directly to my computer while doing the firmware update. I set my computer's IP to 192.168.0.10 and the camera was 192.168.0.2.

Also, make sure you don't have anything else accessing the camera while the firmware is updating.