cam2017

Can I connect DVR online to view camera away from home?

194701_1.png

router.

add custom rules.

name > cctv

start port > 8080

end port > 8080

protocol > both

local ip >192.168.0.8

then click add.

194694_1.jpg

DNS needs to be 192.168.000.001

I still get The requested URL was not found on this server

Does the DVR need rebooting at all when changing network settings?

Edit: Somebody mentioned on the VM forum that the DNS should be changed to 194.168.4.100 or 8.8.8.8 but I still get the same result.

hi. your problem could be using your external ip while on your own network. you have to get someone else to try for you.

while at home you should use .... http://192.168.0.8:8080

After changing the settings I disconnect from my home wifi and then tether a connection from my iPhone to laptop, could that still be a problem?

I got somebody else to try but they got the same message after logging in The requested URL was not found on this server

I did it!!

I came across this thread and tried what the last post suggested viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29482

I had to go to DMZ host and add my local IP address. I can now access it from my iPhone using 3G using the EagleEyes app.

Thanks you all those that helped me in this thread

If my ISP changes my IP address on a regular basis do I just change the address that I use to log in remotely to the new IP address that they'll give me or would I need to change more things?

I did it!!

I had to go to DMZ host and add my local IP address. I can now access it from my iPhone using 3G using the EagleEyes app.

If my ISP changes my IP address on a regular basis do I just change the address that I use to log in remotely to the new IP address that they'll give me or would I need to change more things?

Yes, you have to change your current IP to the new one which provided by your ISP and keep every thing still stay.

When you do DMZ, your external IP will point to a specific host in your internal network. So, you can't access to your router or other hosts in your internal network while you are away from home. It's ok if you don't use other services.

If it's possible, try to use port forwarding and go to http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to check whether your port is open or not.

When you do DMZ, your external IP will point to a specific host in your internal network. So, you can't access to your router or other hosts in your internal network while you are away from home.

Traditionally this is true, but I want to point out that today many home & small business routers do not create a true DMZ. They allow execptions and will forward all inbound network traffic to what they call the "DMZ" except if specific ports have been configured for other hosts on the network. The router creates a DMZ host, not a true DMZ and can it create security issues - not necessarily with a stand alone DVR, but if the DMZ host is a poorly configured PC it can be used to access the rest of the network because this DMZ host is not actually separated from the network. This is one of my peeves with router manufacturers and I hate when they use the term DMZ when they're not creating a DMZ at all. OK, rant over.

Hi, I am new to this site,

I have been searching long and hard for someone with the same problem as me on the same dvr.

After days of working on it i finally can view my cameras via Video server E and eagle eye only when on the wifi.

I have a static IP

I done all port forwarding and tried everything including DNZ setup but when i try to access my dvr via internet explorer i get to the login page but no furthur,

i get a message The requested URL was not found on this server. this appears even if i do not enter a username and password and press submit.

Will someone please help me as it is driving me craxy

Thank you

Hi, not posted for a while, love being able to use this setup thanks to the help in this thread

I will be setting this all up again for somebody else who has the same DVR, router etc.

I will be referring back to this thread when I set it up, is there anything else that I shouldn't be copying from my own setup? I'm aware the external IP will be different but what about all the DVR settings (as posted on page 2)?

Hi,

I'm having problem connecting to my DVR from my PC. I have followed the instructions in this threads but it doesn't work.

DVR is connected to my router via cable and I have network set as followed:

Network type: Static

DNS: 192.168.0.1 (according to tomcctv's advice)

Port: 8085 (8080 is not working, so I use 8085 instead)

IP: 192.168.0.99

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Did a port forward in my router's admin page

Reboot the DVR.

I used Video Server E to do a search but nothing come up in the list. Then, I tried to do a ping in CMD for 192.168.0.99

I tried changing Static to DHCP and do a search but still nothing.

I connect the same cable to my laptop and the connection is fine.

Since I'm not trying to access the DVR from outside of my home network, DDNS seems irrelevant for now. Or am I wrong?

Appreciate if someone could enlighten me where did I do wrong.

Thank you!

Untitled.png.b3c923ed300a690d50fb97b0dd3c965c.png

Hi! I'm sorry it's off topic. It's just that these are the most recent answers. Lost software on AVC760z. Can someone help? Maybe someone has something? VideoWebServer, it seems so called. Or maybe there is another one that is suitable for AVC760? I apologize for my poor English (I write through a translator).

1) Buy a cheap computer

2) Install teamviewer on computer

3) Set up computer on same LAN as DVR

4) Load DVR software on computer

5) Use teamviewer ID to connect from anywhere with the same login info. Never worry about ip's again.