A little bird told me it will have other changes as well.

The dual 90 degree d14 is pretty big once you mount it vertically on a wall mount so this could be a more compact solution for outdoors.

OK, here is what the buzz is about.

It will have higher resolution from 3Mega to 4 or 5.

It MIGHT be L11 (180 degree) lens capable.

Lenses can be removed more easily.

Faster processor and a thermal sensor.

Coming out sometime in Spring or Summer of next year.

Should know more details this week.

That's what the camera needs, is a higher than 1.3MP sensor for night time. Interesting they say spring, hmm, in time for ISC West show in April. We primarily use D14's because they lense are changable, so it would be good to see changable lenses on the M series.

That's what the camera needs, is a higher than 1.3MP sensor for night time. Interesting they say spring, hmm, in time for ISC West show in April. We primarily use D14's because they lense are changable, so it would be good to see changable lenses on the M series.

Let's hope they can keep the price down too.

The problem I see with the D14 is that they are not as robust as the M series, and they are only fully weatherproof with the optional wall mount which really adds to its price.

But the D14 is newer than the M12, and it is always better to buy something closer to the top of the tech curve.

Are you using your D14 indoors or out? How are you mounting it?

It's scary huge, I hit my head on 2-3 times, seriously. The reason we had to use it on one wall is their dome is not really suitable for surface mount conduit as there's no punch outs or a cover to attached a conduit to like most other domes. The cover around the dome is plastic and angled and we certainly didn't want to experiment with drilling holes into it and damaging the camera or it's weather resistant rating.

That is why I am looking forward to the m15, especially if it can accommodate the 180 view lens. The q24 is also interesting, too bad it cannot handle low light- it seems most people are using these indoors.

I have considered the d14 but cannot get past the size of the wall mount.

I have heard that the new M15 and other possible new models may have thermal imagers as an option. Not for certain by any means, but is the current rumor.

I have heard that the new M15 and other possible new models may have thermal imagers as an option. Not for certain by any means, but is the current rumor.

That is what I heard also. And that the thermal imager will have a much better range than the current sensor. Should know more this week but the product is still a good 5 months away from coming to market from most reports.

When I spoke to the engineers at the IPC in Germany this year, I told them that I could REALLY use a thermal sensor on these cameras and I was specifically told that this was "on the list" but not for the current generation... which means to me at least 2 years out.

I stand corrected... I am currently sitting in the Mobotix HQ in Manhattan and I was just told they ARE working on thermals with a target date of mid-late 2013. It is currently only being worked on for the S14 though.

Cool, I like part of the city, not hectic and touristy at night like midtown, short walk across the bridge to DUMBO. I did a project for NYSE next door at 100 Wall. Do they have great views from their offices? Now I know why their cameras are expensive.

Cool, I like part of the city, not hectic and touristy at night like midtown, short walk across the bridge to DUMBO. I did a project for NYSE next door at 100 Wall. Do they have great views from their offices? Now I know why their cameras are expensive.

I used to have an office next to theirs when they were at 40 Fulton Street. Small office - no more than 20 people there. Haven't been to their new digs yet, but I suspect they have more people, bigger office, and higher rent. Nice guys as I recall - showed me some interesting stuff. This was like 6 years ago.

I think they have 25 or so people here, but a lot of them are the traveling sales reps. As fort the question about the development team, I will find out and report back... LOL

Did anybody check out the new s14 yet, I need to buy a new camera and would like to maybe buy that one.

I need it for an outdoor location to monitor a front gate of a facility at an 40 ft distance, and very much need the night function too, does anybody think I should go with it? or just with the M12?

The problem with the S14 at 40 feet is that you are not going to get a ton of detail with that hemispheric lens. If all you need is a good solid over view, that could be a good call. Is it a well lit area?