buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

These Dahua 1.3MP mini bullets are a good deal from Costco for under $150 each and know that Costco has your back and Q-See is a U.S. company for warranty and support.

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-High-Definition-720p-2-Pack-IP-Cameras.product.100003461.html

Also, this looked good too, 4 mini-bullets, 1TB drive and 4 channel NVR for $699

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-HD-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-4-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.100003211.html

i knew it, i posted in the other thread that they looked awfully like dahua cameras.

sucks that i already ordered something from hk! the package is a really good deal!

one thing to note is that the qsee comes with 6mm lenses

the dahua can come with 3.6mm which i like much more due to what i need to cover.

there is no mention of 1.3mp support in the qsee cameras, probably is there though

4 channel nvr limits expansion, but for those that need only 4 cameras, this is a very nice system!

Sure, but through Ingram Micro, you can get several Q-See cameras including the 1080P dome, the 1080P bullet, the 720P/1.3MP mini dome and mini bullet. You are correct, the mini bullet is 6mm, the mini domes are 3.6mm and the 1080P bullet is varifocal. I wonder how easy it is to change the lens.

What's good is Q-See and Ingram Micro are in my backyard in the O.C. so I'll give them a call next week and see if I can convince them to open up their product line and change to the wider lens. The Dahua lenses are available in China, I would also have to check to see if you can get them.

Sure, but through Ingram Micro, you can get several Q-See cameras including the 1080P dome, the 1080P bullet, the 720P/1.3MP mini dome and mini bullet. You are correct, the mini bullet is 6mm, the mini domes are 3.6mm and the 1080P bullet is varifocal. I wonder how easy it is to change the lens.

What's good is Q-See and Ingram Micro are in my backyard in the O.C. so I'll give them a call next week and see if I can convince them to open up their product line and change to the wider lens. The Dahua lenses are available in China, I would also have to check to see if you can get them.

i am definitely a fan of costco, their service and returns is 2nd to none i would think. I'm only using these at home and work, as well as rental properties, doubt i would want to go through a distributor like ingram. Q-see stuff seems to have a pretty big markup compared to dahua from china, its rare to see low prices like what costco currently has.

The lens looks pretty standard and just unscrews. You remove the three allen head screws from the back of the camera, then remove 3 phillips head screws from the board, and you have full access to the lens. Just make sure you put it back with the same orientation. I used the sticker placement to remind me which way it goes back. Took all of about 5 minutes, 4 of it was spent looking for my allen wrench Of course, once you screw a new lens in, you'll need to focus it by screwing it in/out.

203265_1.jpg

DX is a good place to buy lenses. I've actually bought lenses here for a few dollars that were better than the factory lens on other cameras but that was on Foscam. Here's the 3.6mm for $2.10 shipped.

http://dx.com/p/replacement-fixed-iris-lens-for-cctv-camera-3-6mm-45189?item=2

Here's a 2.8mm if you want to go wider, like a front door cam. They also have 2.1mm which I've bought from DX before and is excellent.

http://dx.com/p/replacement-fixed-iris-wide-angle-lens-for-cctv-camera-2-8mm-51866?rt=1&p=2&m=2&r=3&k=1&t=1&s=47018&u=51866

buellwinkle,

Do you have any other pictures of the internals of the camera? I have one now and the IR filter is having trouble engaging. Do you think it's something I could easily adjust myself if I opened up the camera?

Do these Q-See versions support onvif?

These Dahua 1.3MP mini bullets are a good deal from Costco for under $150 each and know that Costco has your back and Q-See is a U.S. company for warranty and support.

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-High-Definition-720p-2-Pack-IP-Cameras.product.100003461.html

Also, this looked good too, 4 mini-bullets, 1TB drive and 4 channel NVR for $699

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-HD-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-4-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.100003211.html

Do these Q-See versions support onvif?

Dahua supports Onvif but it is limited to 2.0 at this point.

I would imagine the IR cut filter is on that circuit board that holds the lens. What I would do is start by unclipping the ribbon cables and re-seating them to see if it's a poorly seated connector causing the problem. Try activating night and day mode from the menus to test it while it's apart to hear it click and you can also try a can of air to see if the blast gets it going. Short of that, you may contact the peeps you bought it from for a return or maybe they can send you a new board. If they won't help you, you may be able to contact one of the resellers in China and see if they'll sell you the part. Worst case, you can sell it on eBay for parts.

I would imagine the IR cut filter is on that circuit board that holds the lens. What I would do is start by unclipping the ribbon cables and re-seating them to see if it's a poorly seated connector causing the problem. Try activating night and day mode from the menus to test it while it's apart to hear it click and you can also try a can of air to see if the blast gets it going. Short of that, you may contact the peeps you bought it from for a return or maybe they can send you a new board. If they won't help you, you may be able to contact one of the resellers in China and see if they'll sell you the part. Worst case, you can sell it on eBay for parts.

So it turns out the IR cut filter is a magnetic driven filter. I was able to reset it by waving a neodymium magnet across the front of the camera. Going to see if it behaves itself after this.

I am going to order some of the DX lenses you posted though. I have a few of these cameras and I'd like to convert them to wide angle lenses.

I had a good experience with the DX 2.1mm lens on a Foscam. The 2.1mm allowed me to cover an entire small room. Ideal for say a front door cam. Not that Foscam lenses are worth mentioning, going to the DX lens I got richer colors, sharper image edge to edge than the factory lens.

will wait for someone to give it a try, i was under the impression that the dahua cameras had ir cut built into the lens, if its not, then these would be perfect.

also forgot to mention, it appears that 6mm cameras come with 30 ir leds, while the 3.6mm ones come with 25 ir leds, i'm not sure if you should also be changing out the ir boards when you swap from 1 lens to another.

Dahua supports Onvif but it is limited to 2.0 at this point.

I know the Dahua's support onvif, I just don't see any mention of it on Q-See's product specs. I see their DVR that is bundled with those same cameras supports it, but wondered if Q-See had their own flavor of software in them.

will wait for someone to give it a try, i was under the impression that the dahua cameras had ir cut built into the lens, if its not, then these would be perfect.

That's the 1080P mini dome which is day only, hence the IR filter permanently coated on the filter. This has a mechanical IR filter behind the lens.

What would be the pros and cons of purchasing 2X of these complete systems from Costco? I could use more then a 4 camera system. I was serious about going with Mobitix possibly not needing as many cameras based on 360 degree coverage. Mobotix is costly. I thought by now with refined manufacturing techniques, lower component costs that their prices might drop?

Not in the same league as Mobotix. If you plan on using more than 4, don't get this NVR, it only works with 4 cameras period. Then get the the cameras from Costco for $299 a pair, not too bad a deal. For the price of one Mobotix, you would have 8 cameras and an NVR. For what it's worth, the NVR's don't come with a hard drive but they are dirt cheap now. I got a 1.5TB locally at Microcenter for $65.

I ordered a pair and will do a quick review, not sure if I will encounter anything different than the IPC-HFW2100N, I doubt it and I will ordered a couple of lenses from DX to test with the camera.

I appreciate the responce can you provide more detail on the low priced NVR?

Thanks

Chuck

Not in the same league as Mobotix. If you plan on using more than 4, don't get this NVR, it only works with 4 cameras period. Then get the the cameras from Costco for $299 a pair, not too bad a deal. For the price of one Mobotix, you would have 8 cameras and an NVR. For what it's worth, the NVR's don't come with a hard drive but they are dirt cheap now. I got a 1.5TB locally at Microcenter for $65.

I ordered a pair and will do a quick review, not sure if I will encounter anything different than the IPC-HFW2100N, I doubt it and I will ordered a couple of lenses from DX to test with the camera.

If QSee gives better service than your local Dahua dealer (i.e., eBay) then it's definitely worth it - I'm talking about access to firmware and technical support. Another benefit is that you can always return to them for a full refund to Costco if they're defective, without any hassle.

If QSee gives better service than your local Dahua dealer (i.e., eBay) then it's definitely worth it - I'm talking about access to firmware and technical support. Another benefit is that you can always return to them for a full refund to Costco if they're defective, without any hassle.

from what i read qsee is horrible, but costco is great.

DX is a good place to buy lenses. I've actually bought lenses here for a few dollars that were better than the factory lens on other cameras but that was on Foscam. Here's the 3.6mm for $2.10 shipped.

Are those lenses IR corrected? It doesn't mention it in the specs, but it would be obvious if they aren't when it switches to IR mode.

I've used their lenses before, and they do not have an IR filter coating, so can be used with IR at night. Also, they work with 1/3" sensors. I should get the lenses in about 10 days and will update everyone.

I've used their lenses before, and they do not have an IR filter coating, so can be used with IR at night. Also, they work with 1/3" sensors. I should get the lenses in about 10 days and will update everyone.

I think the IR question was actually "Are those IR coated lenses, so that the focus does not shift under IR?" Which is a question I've been meaning to ask.

I run BlueIris with 7 Dahua cameras and I'm quite happy with the setup. I may be in for a surprise when the temps drop this winter though

What does your NVR consist of a purchased unit or home baked?