Maybe somebody knows how to extract romfs from new firmware (DH_NVR4xxx_Eng_P_V3.201.0000.1.R.20160409.bin ) ?

Hi,

I'm trying to unbrick a HDW4431C-A which is stuck in a bootloop after flashing DH_IPC-HX4XXX-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.420.0000.21.R.20160724.bin

I tried to use a serial connection in order to interrupt Uboot, but it seems like the '***' characters do not interrupt it.

I've previously used this method successfully on other Dahua equipment, so I know my PC setup/FTDI serial dongle is ok.

I see the Uboot text, so I know the serial line TX is connected ok. Does anyone know whether the RX line is working ok

and whether '***' should still work with this camera? Or did they perhaps disable this method in recent firmware builds ?

In case this method is no longer viable, does anyone know another way to prevent the bootloop and allow a firmware update ?

I tried the method of enabling telnet, but using the http URL to enable this won't work as I seem to loose connection with the camera really fast and the page ends up not loading completely. Even a ping only responds 3 times during the boot phase.

Perhaps using this special TFTP file upgrade_info_7db780a713a4.txt ?

Uboot version which is displayed upon booting is 2010-06.svn3089 (Jun 20 - 2016 - 12:33:38)

Hi,

I am a cctv installer, I install dahua products, (supply and installation)

I am writing to you because I have a problem with my client, I installed a NVR under ref

DHI-NVR4232 with S.N: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. SmartPSS does not want to add the serial number of the NVR with:

User Name: admin

Password: admin

Note:

P2P setting: connect Success

Intranet connection with ip address: ok with SmartPss (it works)

But problem for remote connection with serial number and QR code:

SmartPss: message: failed to add device XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!

IDMSS lite: Connection Failed (with Iphone When i scan QR code)

This is not the first time I install dahua with P2P, I have done at least 50 times. But with this NVR I think there is a problem with its serial number or firmware

Info:

Record Channel 32

Alarm In 4

Alarm out 2

System Version 3.200.0000.0

Data soft 2015-07-14

Web 3.1.0.4

SN XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please help us,

Best regards,

I agree that if you want to use the new features you can do the updates, if the system working well, just keep it.

i think have the lowest selling NVR from dahua.. so hard to find updates for this model

Any help with a update for the NVR7408-8P

Hi all,

I'm joining you on this forum 'cause i just buy VTO2000A + VTH5221DW

I've read this long, long forum and there's still some point i can't archive and i hope you can help.

I will help as much as possible in return.

So here is what's working :

- VTO call VTH and answering and door opening.

- VLC connection to rtsp is ok too.

rtsp://<user>:<pwd>/192.170.0.100

What i can't manage is :

- set the right time on VTH

- connect from Synology Survey Station ?

Synology ask me for a path but in my case there's no path.

So i try

cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

but it doesn't work (login is ok but video is not displayed)

could you help me ?

VTO2000A : 2.100.0.0

VTH5221DW : 1.100.0.0

I am looking for the update of an NVR3216 for Chile (ntsc). I currently have the 2,610 but I found a 2,616 but only PAL, some NTSC?

hi

i have 16ch analog dahua dvr,I used unmatch firmware and now the device is broke down.does any one have source firmware of flash ic?or something else? i have access to rs232 & i have got programmer & even i can program the flash ic.

the model lable is damaged so i send the motherboard picture.

thanks

attarian74@gmail.com

+989358155541 whatsapp

1779425104_photo5918122092874803377(1).thumb.jpg.bd21bddc162432a77d72d515ee9263b3.jpg

Is there new firmware for the Dahua DVR-9116HFI-H16? My DVR started running in a loop, rebooting every ten minutes approximately. It occurred after a house power loss but the DVR was plugged into an UPS. I've removed the cmos battery, checked the HDD's, connectors, etc. but nothing has helped.

Was thinking maybe the DVR needs firmware....

Anyway, if anyone has an idea I sure would appreciate it. Thank you!

Mike

To help all of those out there with Dahua IPC-HFW4300S-V2 Cameras.... I bricked one yesterday and had quite a time getting it unbricked.

There are several guides for un-bricking, but it's quite tricky to find the right firmware files and piece all the correct information together, so I put together this post to assist.

To summarize a lot of information from many different pages in this post and on this form:

-- If you have a 4300S V2, your firmware options are more limited. Seems like it's fairly hard to get english firmware.

-- None of the 4300S firmware update bin files seem to restore correctly, unless you replace the check.img from the original firmware, and place it into the updated firmware file and restore that.

-- Even if that works, you'll have to change the English files via telnet to SimpChinese... all this info is in this post somewhere, or in the post titled "Unbricking your Dahua IP camera (Tips, Tricks & Firmware)"

So, this brings me to my eventual solution:

Over the course of many hours, I was able to track down a file called General_IPC-4300S_Stream3_V2.420.0002.0.R.20140621_a.bin which somehow restores fine both via the web client and the Config Tool.... however this is very old software and the image actually looks very poor from the camera using this version. It also zoomed in the image somehow, I was missing quite a bit of my frame. I wasn't satisfied with this, so I extraced the check.img from this and placed it into several other firmware versions, overwriting the check.img in those, and tried restoring them. Most didn't work, but I did find one image file that did work, and have uploaded a link to that here.

Here's the link to the part in this thread where they talk about the check.img file: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=280966&sid=30c8f67c23244678ad2bb0e7e6e0adaf#p280966

The quick info on replacing the check.img file is that it appears to allow the restoring of different versions of firmware, since it's using the check from the original version that works. You have to use a hex editor and change the first 2 letters of the file from DH to PK, then you have to install Total Commander (zipping it didn't work for me), and double click the .bin file (after you changed it to PK in a hex editor), which will allow you to see the files inside. You do this for both the original firmware that restores properly, as well as the new version you want to restore (that doesn't restore properly), then drag the check.img file from the original firmware to folder in total commander to the new firmware folder in total commander, overwriting the new folders' check.img file with the one from the original folder. After you finish that, change the first to letters back to DH using the hex editor, and restore the firmware using the Config Tool.

I've done all of that already for the firmware file I'm linking here... you should just be able to restore this firmware file and have it update to this newer version of the firmware. The only firmware version I could get this to work with was: V2.420.0005.0.R.20141205 - I found firmware files for 0007, 0008, and 0009, but for some reason when I did these same steps with those, it only seemed to restore 0005. Not sure why, but 0005 is working fine.

What I'm linking here is a patched General_IPC-HX5(4)XXX_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.420.0005.0.R.20141205.bin file that you should just be able to restore to any IPC-HFW4300S-V2 camera and be restored/updated to V2.420.0005.0 - Note that this is an english mod, so you'll actually be able to read what is going on. You do need to follow the steps to change the language from English to SimpChinese as outlined here: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=267068#p267068

Follow those instructions to change the language, and reboot it and it should work fine.

Here is a link to all of my files on the Dahua cameras (includes all firmware I've been able to track down, Config Tools, etc):

https://mega.nz/#F!ZhIn3KyD!6ZPBRxam5ZewTmNNNIFH8w

Here is a link to the original firmware for the 4300S V2 cameras that restores fine, but it's old:

https://mega.nz/#!8kQSjbjQ!8zBzPOYIl7ktbIjcWEDBKJXd_rYP-CBlmiMxBRPsMj0

Here's a link to the latest version of the firmware that I could get to work, with a modified check.img file from the original firmware:

https://mega.nz/#!ZxBUVRDY!VEMEx6JI5uWOZlTaVhpq7z9LZyxzFXufYqYIXESuWXA

Remember if you use the last link to follow cctv_007's steps to change the language as outlined here: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=267437#p267437

Hope this helps someone get it figured out faster than the 5 hours I spent on it yesterday.

Hi All,

I recently bought a pair of Dahua cams, model DH-IPC-HWF1200SP-W and they both lose connectivity quite often. I was in hope that firmware upgrade can help me but I can't find any fresh firmware for this model. I currently have:

Device Type: IPC-HFW1200S-W

Software Version: 2.212.0000.4.R, build : 2015-12-02

WEB Version: 3.2.1.311293

If someone could point me to anything newer than this I would be grateful. Thanks!

gtp, wireless cams are known to be unreliable sometimes. If you have an older router and or a lot of wireless devices connected, that could be it. Before trying new firmware, I would try a factory reset, there should be a button for that.

51cent, thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately I already tried all that, i.e. factory reset and also changed the router, but no luck. Weird thing is that I also have a couple of DH-IPC-K35P which work perfectly fine with the same wireless setup. The last thing I decided to try was to switch the power adapters between K35P and HFW1200S-W. They both are 12V 1A but the ones I use on K35P are from factory and the ones I use for HFW1200S-W were bought separately and I hoped they are not giving stable enough power. It is too early to make any conclusions but they work fine for more than 24 hours now. Strange enough that K35P also works fine on the potentially "faulty" adapter. Anyway, if anyone have a newer firmware that I mentioned below please let me know. I also have an annoying software bug which I hope was fixed.

I've seen that website already but I have absolutely no clue which firmware is suitable for my cameras and it is totally unclear from the filenames. I tried opening the description of the files one by one and search for anything related to HFW1200S-W but failed to find one. That's why I posted here in a hope that someone who has such cams already have a new firmware for them.

unfortunately the power adaptor replacement did not help, the camera still looses the connectivity (however, seems to occur less often on the new adapter than on the old one). I also tried to place the camera very close to the router (3-4 m line of sight) but it did not help either. I am still looking for a newer firmware however I doubt it exists. I probably will be able to connect it via the LAN cable which will probably fix the issue but in that case what was the point to buy a WiFi camera... unfortunately I have no option to return or replace it.

unfortunately the power adaptor replacement did not help, the camera still looses the connectivity (however, seems to occur less often on the new adapter than on the old one). I also tried to place the camera very close to the router (3-4 m line of sight) but it did not help either. I am still looking for a newer firmware however I doubt it exists. I probably will be able to connect it via the LAN cable which will probably fix the issue but in that case what was the point to buy a WiFi camera... unfortunately I have no option to return or replace it.

just in case anyone will face the same issue. unfortunately I failed to find any newer firmware than the one I have but I found a guy in another forum who works a lot with Dahua cameras and he confirmed that it is a known problem for some of the Dahua models with wifi. the problem seems to be appearing on all cameras within one batch so the only way to fix this is to try a camera from another batch or just use the LAN connection. I did not have an option to exchange my camera so I used the LAN connection and the camera works perfectly since then.

Hi there,

I've a dahua DHI-NVR5232.

The system shows the version as 3.200.0000.4 build: 2014-11-4.

I asked support for the firmware I've to download from their website; http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/firmware_171_1.html

They said i should use DH_NVR5xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.0.R.20150316

I downloaded it but the system says "Upgrade failed".

Any ideas? Anyone has a link for correct firmware.

After firmware patch from dahua site applied to my HDB4200C the camera does not deliver snapshot via http://x.x.x.x/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi

Tried with credentials but not working http://x.x.x.x/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?loginuse=[uSERNAME]&loginpas=[PASSWORD].

Ipcam viewer can access the camera on "Dahua camera http(2)" so there is a valid url for snapshot. Please share the link if anyone discover the snapshot command.

The firmware patch replace the users 888888 and 666666 with "null" and they cannot be deleted(need another patch maybe). Also remove the snapshot.cgi.

The patch is ireversible ,in case you upload an older firmware.Beware