oh6hfx

Dahua IPC-HDB3200C ftp path, snapshot url, X - axis?

Hi all!

Just got one HDB3200C for testing a day ago. Seems to have very good picture and the construction looks also nice.

However the web UI and software seems to ruin a good basic camera.

1) ftp "remote directory" slashes / are not allowed? How can I then save pictures on my Buffalo NAS which has always /array1 first before shared folder?

2) ftp saving makes multi-level folder tree, separated for every minute. There should be a setting that camera saves all the jpgs in the assigned folder.

3) after reading forums and Dahua online support, seems to be that there is no option to "pull" single frame from camera with http url? In all my other cameras

(Planet, Zavio, D-link, Trendnet) its possible to do with url like http:///image.jpg or something like this. Also embedding mjpeg image is possible, but apparently not in Dahua?

4) I have not found X-axis in the lens head. When camera is installed under the roof, how you can do panning? I have loosen two screws but lens head sits fixed. I can tilt and turn the horizon straight but not turn head horizontally.

Thankful for all advices.

Johannes, Finland

1&2, I have a Dahua 2100c bullet and when I tried to setup FTP, my cam got totally fckup and web-interface didn't started after the setup at all!. Had to do full reset on camera side.

3. You can try http://ip-address:9988/onvif/media_service/snapshot

well you get what you probably expect these chinese, cheap but not perfect quality

Dahua is doing some development on ONVIF side and that's probably the reason why there are some undocumented features like that snapshot, also it has telnet open and hard coded root password so I wouldn't put my cam on unsecure network!

btw, where did you bought your cam? From Finland?

heippa!

Chomber, thanks x 1000, you made my day

Snapshot works! This makes this camera more usable for me.

Also I found out how to move X-axis.

Did not use enough force..

Now it's only the ftp path problem which makes the camera suit not so well in my other system.

I have a small company doing pc repairs / sales and I do also IP cameras, so bought mine from Wintel (Finnish importer), to test it if

I could recommend it to my clients. Now it seems that this is a good camera if you are intending to use it with

separate NVR and do not need to care too much about the software running inside the camera.

Terveisin,

Johannes

Wow, I've been asking for a long time how to get a single snapshot and even Dahua could not tell me. My second Wow is there's no security at all. You just enter the URL, hit enter, and you see a snapshot, no password, no userid, just a picture.

As for FTP, very few cameras can effectively manage this from the camera and the only two I know of is Mobotix and Axis cameras that support Edge recording. You can a with Dahua, but not easy. Try their PSS software to view the recordings.

Will look how PSS looks like.

Well for ftp I just wonder why does the camera not save all the jpgs in same folder and let the server (or user) decide what to do with them.

Now it creates so complicated and multi-level directory structure that it is quite hard to browse it manually.

My other cameras (Zavio, Planet) save all jpgs in same folder and I have made a PHP script there which deletes the oldest, makes thumbnails and shows

100 last pictures on page. Very handy to view remotely.

Johannes

that directory structure is easy to parse using a software and gives faster listing/access in case of many files

using one directory would, eventually, imply a database of somekind to keep track of channel, date etc

9988 is the port for early stages of onvif implementation in DAHUA... you should upgrade your firmware

the port is hardcoded, you cannot change it, so you can't use more than one behind a router

9988 is the port for early stages of onvif implementation in DAHUA... you should upgrade your firmware

the port is hardcoded, you cannot change it, so you can't use more than one behind a router

I was affraid of that.. The firmware on the Q-SEE support site is older than the Firmware my camera came with.

That's not true, maybe he can't get it work with his router but any router that supports NATing can do it by forwarding the local port number to a different external one. For example, at my lake house, we have several cameras, all set the factory settings of port 80. I use a Linksys router with DD-WRT software and I configure that port 80 on one camera is port 8081 to the outside world, and the next camera's port 80 is port 8082 to the outside world. I can't tell you which routers do this, I know any router with DD-WRT installed works and my U-Verse router that I got from AT&T, don't even know the brand works. My Netgear router does not and many consumer grade, buy at Best Buy type routers probably don't. You can pickup cheap routers on eBay with DD-WRT already installed.

Sorry, buellwinkle, you are right... most of the routers cand forward ANY external port to ANY internal port.

I was thinking at another situation... some of devices need 2-3 ports forwarded to work; first port is configurable, second and third not; so, if you forward first using any external port, the last 2 would have to be forwarded using default port (for example, the WEB 3.0 interface of DAHUA with RTSP support and no RTSP port configuration option).

Also, this can occure when web port is forwarded correctly and external router port doesn't match internal router port on DAHUA's DVRs, NVRs and IPCs...

Sorry, my mistake!

Good morning!

I changed the port in my snapshot URL and it still works. I use the HTTP port of the camera. (mine 8082).

http://ip-address:8082/onvif/media_service/snapshot

Also I made a .PHP script which moves all the jpgs under the directory tree in a same folder and the deletes the multi-level

dir structure.

Now this starts to look better. I need still resolve how I could upload to my Buffalo NAS when there is no possibility to put

slash in the ftp path.

Johannes

Hi Dexterash,

Yes that should be possible in normal FTP servers but seems to be that in my Buffalo there is no thing called

"home directory" or dedicated share.

You can only create an user account and give it permissions a root-level directory which is under /array1

Johannes

Hi Dexterash,

Tried to find a way to setup ftp path via PSS but no success. Should it be possible?

Maybe there is some kind of ftp redirect software for PC that can be used. I put the camera to upload to PCs address and directory, then it sends it to

Buffalo. Complicated but might work.

Johannes

Hi Dexterash,

Tried to find a way to setup ftp path via PSS but no success. Should it be possible?

Maybe there is some kind of ftp redirect software for PC that can be used. I put the camera to upload to PCs address and directory, then it sends it to

Buffalo. Complicated but might work.

Johannes

Maybe there is another way. Maybe you only need to specify the directory name (without the '/'). If your Buffalo NAS drops the user on it's home folder, then the camera should be able to create the folder and upload the pictures/videos there.

Hi Dexterash,

In my PSS if I click device config, it opens cameras web ui in browser, where it does not take any slashes..

Brebenac, in my earlier posts I have explained that Buffalo does not drop user in home folder, it just sits in

root directory and from there you have to dig deeper like /array/cameras/camera5 and so on...

Well probably I will install this camera finally in another site, where the pictures are saved on PC and single directory name without slashes is possible.

Johannes

Just found out how to solve the slash problem. Unfortunately it needs an external ftp server.

I have a laptop with broken screen running as webserver and weather sofware server. I installed Filezilla ftp server there and

made an user account which has home directory pointing to Buffalo share. Works perfectly

Johannes

One last shot: get the DAHUA SDK from DAHUA's website and open the config application, using 37777 as login port...

You shouldn't be using a 3rd solution to use a product that's been design to work without the 3rd solution

Now found out Dahua is hitting my FTP server constantly with ALLO command. Even many times in second...

Part of the log:

017646)31.1.2013 20:38:20 - dahua (192.168.7.109)> ALLO 1048576

(017646)31.1.2013 20:38:20 - dahua (192.168.7.109)> 202 No storage allocation neccessary.

(017646)31.1.2013 20:38:20 - dahua (192.168.7.109)> ALLO 1048576

(017646)31.1.2013 20:38:20 - dahua (192.168.7.109)> 202 No storage allocation neccessary.

Seems to be really slowing by http server pc...

Johannes

Hi Dexterash,

No worry about ALLO anymore, your solution solved the slash issue in path name!

SDK parameter config program accepted slashes and sent the full path to camera, and now it saves jpgs directly to my Buffalo

Thanks a lot!

Johannes