mroek

Dahua user account system badly designed?

You have local storage - DVR or NVR. Even if you lock the account, the recordings or the whole functionality of the system will not be affected.

Also, there are ways to combat brute force attacks: for example, changing the default port forwarded. And, as I stated before, remote monitoring can be done with any other account - btw, it's a bad practice to use admin to remote monitor. Also, the admin user (if I do remember well) can be locked out from network login.

There are several ways to mitigate any or all of the problems that do arise in these situations or some other particular situations.

Are you saying if you use other accounts to log in to remote view that doesn't use "admin".. even if someone use the username admin with any password? the NVR won't be locked in? This would be good if there is such option.

Also I wonder if Smart PSS has a bug. My Admin and password is saved correct in the P2P Device Config and I can live view feeds but everytime I tried to access the Video Detect and Motion Detect, the Smart PSS would report the remote NVR as locked in and I'd get offline even when I didn't enter any wrong password. Any idea why this happened as it happened 6 times already today and I was offline for 3 hours total.. can't even log in using mobile Dmss since the NVR was inaccessible for 30 minutes (even without password mistake.. what else could produce this?). Thanks.

Are you saying if you use other accounts to log in to remote view that doesn't use "admin".. even if someone use the username admin with any password? the NVR won't be locked in? This would be good if there is such option.

Of course! It's a multi-user, multi-tasking device. The NVR doesn't lock, just the account get's locked after multiple unsuccessful logins.

Also I wonder if Smart PSS has a bug. My Admin and password is saved correct in the P2P Device Config and I can live view feeds but everytime I tried to access the Video Detect and Motion Detect, the Smart PSS would report the remote NVR as locked in and I'd get offline even when I didn't enter any wrong password. Any idea why this happened as it happened 6 times already today and I was offline for 3 hours total.. can't even log in using mobile Dmss since the NVR was inaccessible for 30 minutes (even without password mistake.. what else could produce this?). Thanks.

I don't think it's a SmartPSS bug. Maybe a configuration problem or something else...

Of course! It's a multi-user, multi-tasking device. The NVR doesn't lock, just the account get's locked after multiple unsuccessful logins.

Thanks for this info. You just saved me from returning the product. I thought the entire NVR is locked from any user (all 128 possible users). So I can log in another account and trigger the air raid level siren and save the day