What is better? I need to know.

Dahua is a toy compared to avigilon.

Dauha is the budget system. (Well if bought from a distributor) it's over priced at other places.

I think if you cherry pick enough threads or posts from this forum you would think that Dahua, or Aviglon are currently the greatest brands ever. Kind of like if you cherry picked from a few years ago CNB would be the greatest analog camera ever made. You just dont see as much discussion about other brands by comparison.

Or it was just a troll post???

Best depends on many things, including your budget.

Avigilon is clearly a better overall integrated system, and is professional grade, with prices you would expect. Dahua is mid-range consumer or bottom-end small business grade, and is for people on a tighter budget.

We'd all like Avigilon systems, just like we'd all like to drive Mercedes and BMW, but some people don't have that option. You have to be more specific about your needs and resources.

Dahua of course. Everyone uses and talks about it and no one mentions avigilon or uses it much. Users know better and choose dahua every time.

Dahua of course. Everyone uses and talks about it and no one mentions avigilon or uses it much. Users know better and choose dahua every time.

I like your sense of humor

Dahua is getting a lot of traffic now because it's low cost. Just wait a year or two when those same people are complaining that they cannot get service and have to toss the cameras.

I honestly think the new ACTI line will move in as the low cost darling for a while. Avigilon will always remain a quality product that cost a handsome sum.

And of a printed magazine too...

Ever heard of it? I thought it was the first international security paper that had a good point... Is there an international better one?

What's odd to me is AVTech's ranking when AVTech doesn't have a U.S. presence, although they make a good camera. We must be a small insignificant market for them.

And #1 in surveillance cameras, Flir, really? Must be all the military & government dollars. Can't imagine someone using Flir in their homes or small business but would be fun.

Assa Abloy's dominance in access control is expected, most office buildings I've been in use their products and I use them myself.

What is better? I need to know.

OMG this is just how a bug light is to a mosquito....I saw the thread title and just had to click on it.

Just what I figured

ZAP!!

When a brand that has 10 years (at least) on the market and has growing sales, it's kind of hard to think that the reviews/quality is bad.

How many low rated/bad products have you seen that lasted 10 years, for example?

What you are saying, is Hikvision is the best camera then because how can it be bad if they sold $819m worth? That explains why McDonalds is the best restaurant in the world.

At least it answers the OP's question, Dahua is nearly 6 times better than Avigilon. But if you factor in camera prices, then Dahua probably sold 18 times more cameras than Avigilon, making them 18 times better.

Not really.... How many times did you buy DAHUA in US (at the US prices) and how many times you bought it from China (at the well-known lower prices)?

And this adds to OEM sales & others...

Dauha is the budget system. (Well if bought from a distributor) it's over priced at other places.

So Avigilon isn't over priced?