buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

Costco is getting deeper into the network camera game. They have a pair of Swann 1080P bullets for $349. Has anyone tried them yet? It says "State-of-the-art ‘bank quality’ security camera with video quality that has to be seen to be believed", how can you go wrong

http://www.costco.com/Swann-1080p-2-Pack-NVR-IP-Bullet-Cameras.product.100039914.html

Some believe this to be a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I, which is not only 1080P, but also 3MP. I came across this spec sheet -

http://www.bkgrupe.lt/uploads/docs/_darbinis3/DS-2CD2032-I%20(1).pdf

1lux@F1.2 with 1/25 shutter is not very light sensitive right? But then I guess they never told you 30 IRE so who knows what level they were exposing for really anyways.

There's a Hikvision office near Los Angeles, just not aware if they sell their products here under their brand name. They have a booth at ISC West diagonally across from Axis and Mobotix, so I can ask them next week.

6mm lens is a bit long for me, and it doesn't appear to have WDR. I'm tempted to pick up a pair, but the lack of WDR really limits them for the spots I need.

That's the Hikvision spec for a standard camera but comes with different lenses, but actually the Coscto Swann version has a wider lens as it shows a 75 degree viewing angle which according to a lens calculator, that's a 2.8mm lens.

Also, the specs show it has WDR.

Costco specs put it at a 4mm lens. It's good to see the cameras available separately now. The only thing they need to do now is add a choice for a dome camera without IR- but make it IR sensitive.

Someone needs to give these a try. I picked up the 2 QSEEs from Costco($300) and have returned them due to poor night vision and other firmware stuff I did not like compared to the(identical?) Dahua 2100.

These Swanns come with the Costco Concierge Services which is very good customer service. The QSEEs did NOT come with the extra Concierge service. Of course the beauty of trying a camera from Costco is the 90 day full price refund for any reason, no questions asked. I tried giving a reason for returning the QSEEs and they did not want to hear it.............."oh, these have night vision too???!!!, how neat!"

Sure would be nice to see a review. Am I missing something or is the HIKVISION 2CD 2032-1 not available in the US?

Hey All,

New to the forum, just getting into the network camera game...does anyone know if these work without the NVR? I am looking for something in this price range for monitoring more than recording, and am curious to try these out.

I know the costco website says they do require the NVR...but curious if maybe they could be used with out it.

Thanks for any information you can give, and thanks for all the info I've learned so far on this board!

Don't know who asked me, but I confirmed at ISC that the Swann cameras are manufactured by Hikvision but Hikvision is making a push to distribute cameras branded as Hikvision in the U.S..

The image quality of the cameras at the show was quite good but it's a well lit building so can't say how well they perform in low light. They are 3MP cameras but the NVR limits them to 1080P so if you use them without the NVR, you can get 3MP out of them.

They claim, side by side, they have better image quality and low light performance than the Dahua bullets.

Don't know who asked me, but I confirmed at ISC that the Swann cameras are manufactured by Hikvision but Hikvision is making a push to distribute cameras branded as Hikvision in the U.S..

The image quality of the cameras at the show was quite good but it's a well lit building so can't say how well they perform in low light. They are 3MP cameras but the NVR limits them to 1080P so if you use them without the NVR, you can get 3MP out of them.

They claim, side by side, they have better image quality and low light performance than the Dahua bullets.

If we dont go the NVR route, which software out there can actually accommodate a 3mp feed. I know vitamin D for the mac cant, and i dont think blue iris can either.

Any program you would recommend?

It would be interesting to know what version ONVIF they run. Is it 2.0 like so many low cost often re-branded offerings?

I use BI with a 3MP Dahua camera, works OK, not perfect because of stuttering issues but records in 3MP. ACTi NVR records fine with the 3 and 5MP cameras. If I remember correctly, the Hikvision rep said their higher end NVR's can do higher resolution when I asked him why 1080P when the bullets are 3MP.

Didn't think about asking him about ONVIF. I only asked this of the Cricket camera folks from Canada, they said ONVIF 2.1 which has the motion detection.

I pulled the trigger on these cameras. What the heck, it's Costco. I can return them because "I'm not satisfied with...the focal length."

Has anyone confirmed if these cameras work with Blue Iris?

I would imagine it will work with the Blue Iris "HIKVision RTSP" or the Generic RTSP H.264 option. I run Blue Iris and I'll let you know.

Just got mine today...haven't tried it with blue iris, but the generic rstp stream does indeed work, at least through VLC on my PC and ipcamviewer on my mobile.

Quality seems very good.

Just got mine today...haven't tried it with blue iris, but the generic rstp stream does indeed work, at least through VLC on my PC and ipcamviewer on my mobile.

Quality seems very good.

Are you getting 3MP out of the cameras?

Quality seems very good.

Are you getting 3MP out of the cameras?

I guess I'm not really sure how to tell (sorry kind of new to this like I said earlier). VLC says RSTP is at 1920x1080 @ 4000-6000kbps. There does appear to be WDR as well that you can activate through the iVMS software from Hikvisionusa website - this is how initially configured the cameras since I don't plan on buying a DVR system.

LMK how to see if its 3MP and I'd be happy to do so!

PS the device ID type = MEGA_IPCAM if that means anything.