Peter_

The Ultimate IP Camera Guide - Start Here!

Catching up to who?

Another 1.3mp Dahua job done today!

Not bad at all

Chinese definitely catching up

Actually, it's us American installers making them look good!

Canadian rock

American do their part too

Lets not go there...............LOL

Vector18, do you have a contact at Dahua to help you with firmware bugs. I'm trying to get an ONVIF snapshot that works on most Dahua models to work on the PTZ and not having much luck.

Now thats nice. Whos the local guy? Mind sharing?

My local guy usually remotes in if I run into any issues. He has even upgraded firmware for me.

Hows their support? Is it a small retail store? Mop & Pop operation? Online only?

I want to know as much as possible if you dont mind. Some sellers will only support you if you buy enough volume to make things worth it for them.... You buy a lot?

Do they have a thorough product knowledge? Learn as they go? Or make things up as they go along (SOME BIG COMPANIES DO THIS. )

http://gogss.com/index.php

They are 15 minutes from my house and I buy all of my dahua products from them.

It's a small store and they're all Asian. They all know the products inside and out and have actually taught me alot. They offer free team viewer support on installs, and as much help as possible over the phone no matter how much you buy. They were the same amount of friendly towards me when I first started going there and now. I just don't know what it would be like for Internet orders?

If you are doing so many installs, why not deal with a Dahua distributor? The prices will likely be better but you never know.

They are a Dahua distributor. 90 percent of their products are Dahua and they have direct contact with Dahua.

Accessories:

PoE Injectors (Turn your normal ethernet-connection to PoE without a switch)(TRENDnet, D-Link, probably many others)

Video recording software:

Ksenos (www.ksenos.eu) (free trial, prices unknown)

Mirasys (www.mirasys.com) (prices unknown)

iOS/Android viewing app:

Mirasys Spotter Mobile (www.mirasys.com/spotter-mobile)

Looking at networkcameracritics recent review on hikvisions 3mp cam at about 150 bucks...

It sounds like the best bang for the buck. Think I'm going to pic two up and use my desktop...

Hi Firefighter,

Would you sharing detail of your set-up? I am also looking for hikvisions 3mp cam with my desktop with software (No DVR).

Thanks

Unfortunately I'm no longer able to edit the original post...might need to make a new (updated) version.

How about Telefunken? Is there any one would like to inform about this brand please? Would be much appreciated...

Best regards...

I've tested the Axxon Next Free software and it's quite interesting even if the GUI philosophy isn't like the other software I tested.

The free version limit is :

16 IP Cam

1 Server

1To archive limit.

To those who are interested :

The unlock version for one server to cost about 230€. (Unlimited archives and max. 16 Cam)

Adding one more camera cost about 80€

I've tested the Axxon Next Free software and it's quite interesting even if the GUI philosophy isn't like the other software I tested.

The free version limit is :

16 IP Cam

1 Server

1To archive limit.

To those who are interested :

The unlock version for one server to cost about 230€. (Unlimited archives and max. 16 Cam)

Adding one more camera cost about 80€

I'm definitely interested... I especially like (the idea of) being able to filter the recorded data for your results.

I'll be trying this. I hope it's easier to work with than Geovision I really liked the *idea* of that......supporting it (gv) - nope.

I am really enjoying Axxon Next (free version). I'll be buying (& selling) the real deal soon, I think. I'm going to learn a little more and probably build a heavier duty server (headless, maybe, unless it can't run the AutoZoom without the head).

Really incredible analytics, much better than GV so far, and way more intuitive....but software that's this customizable is bound to have a learning curve.

The co sent me pricing, it's about $300 for the full version (16ch) but it's $105/channel for channels 17+ along with whatever IP device you might have. I figure the 1TB version will allow me to play with it and work within (beyond) its limitations.

Very nice so far.