Hathol

Dahua Motion Detection sensitivity

I have an issue with motion detection, I get very many small recordings every day. My hardware is a NVR3216 and HFW3300C, in the NVR software I have the lowest sensitivity (1) and anti-dither set to 8 (what I think is 8 seconds motion detection before recording?).

The region I have selected is only lawn at my backyard but still there is sometimes 30-40 videoclips.

Do anyone have any suggestion how I can get this to work for real and only show anmials/people moving?

Do you have trees in the picture or shadows of trees? You may have to set up the mask such that those areas are ignored.

Yes, there is shadows from tree that moves in the wind... Unfortinatly there is no way to mask away more of the picture.

But most of the videoclips are during night.

If you can,the best way is to wire in outdoor pir/motion detectors and use those to trigger your recording instead of using the camera motion.

Is this real motion, or is it from video noise? The Dahuas can have a lot of sharpening noise in low light, and I have one that gives a lot of motion alerts at dusk due to this.

If this is the problem, it's a hard thing to fix. You can reduce sharpening, but the Dahua already suffers from softness in certain situations. I'd recommend playing with the settings to see what combination of them minimizes the alerts. Unfortunately, most of these settings can't be scheduled, so whatever helps your night situation may hurt your day situation.

Blue Iris has a nice feature to help with this - you can turn on a mode that shows blue blocks where it detects motion, and it makes it very easy to test different camera settings and sensitivity settings. I don't think the Aver software does this, but I'm a version or two behind.

What are other peoples settings for the Motion Detect off the Camera itself?

I've covered over the Infrareds so the glow from camera at night isn't obvious to people walking past.

I've only masked the areas I want to detect so theres no movement in those areas.

I have Sensitivity at 10 (I assume 10 is low?) and Threshold at 80 which means I'm basically not capturing anything during daytime but I still get my camera recording continuously at night, mainly noise by the looks of it.

Weird thing is I have the Motion Detect "Working Period" to only work during daylight hours yet it still records 24/7. It would be nice if you could have separate configs for Day and Night similar to the Camera - Conditions menu. I'm on V2.210.0001.0.R.20130517.

Are there any other settings that would minimise the noise?

Help

I have recently moved from an analog camera (720 lines) and DVR to a Dahua IP HD camera (2Mp 20X Zoom Network IR PTZ Dome;

SD6C220S/230S-HN) and NVR (NVR4104) and having problems with over-active motion detection. Now, the analog solution was very accurate in its motion detection; that is, it recorded the vehicles and pedestrian traffic I expected to be captured. However, with the higher resolution of the Dahua equipment, almost everything is being recorded. And the "Web Service" interface to the NVR does not appear adequately configurable to solve the problem. It seems that with the HD cameras the NVR motion detection features need to be much more powerful. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of issue? Many thanks! --Mike

I am having the same issue myself, mostly in the early morning hours using a Dahua OEM NVR and some IP cameras from a different source. I have given up on the internal settings of the NVR as they seem to affect little other than have motion detection enabled. So at this time the camera's internal settings is what I'm playing with. No success just yet (I keep lowering the sensitivity (down to 40 or 35) and the threshold setting is now up to 70 and still lots of recording on the IP cameras during the early hours when the light is changing more dramatically. There is a night setting for motion detection in the cameras so I am using it (5:30 AM to 7:30 AM). It's pretty tedious as motion detection is key for user friendliness and a quick check on activities. No issues on the analog side either.

I was having this problem for years, but now I use the IVS feature which works fairly well with eliminating false-positives. I have the IPC-HFW4300S's.