I use it (Essential version) and love it. It's easy to use and has every feature I need. It's also one of the few software versions out there that support HTTPS. They offer a trial version so I would give it a try.

Hello all;

Interested to hear if anybody used this software and what your opinions are?

I use it (Essential version) and love it. It's easy to use and has every feature I need. It's also one of the few software versions out there that support HTTPS. They offer a trial version so I would give it a try.

Hello all;

I see the X-Protect go supports 8 cameras. How does the software do with the cpu? Low % used or is it on the higher end.

Thanks

I have 4 cameras. 2 - 2mp cameras and 2 - 1.3 megapxiels cameras. With Milestone, Backup software, and my home automation software running, my CPU jumps between 3 and 8 %. My CPU is an i5.

Hello all;

I see the X-Protect go supports 8 cameras. How does the software do with the cpu? Low % used or is it on the higher end.

Thanks

I decided to download Milestone GO to see how it is. The last time I tested Milestone was about 5 years ago when cameras where licenses by MAC address . So far it works well and has every feature you would want but I do fined it to be overly complicated to setup and use. Maybe I am just spoiled by Avigilon but I just don't think it is very intuitive other wise it's not bad.

I must say one of my favorite features is the mobile viewing and how you can push video from your phones camera back your milestone server. I also like how the views that you setup in your client get pushed out to the mobile AP. I really think this is a smart idea and it works very well.

If your looking for free software it's not a bad option.

Just keep in mind you can only store 5 days of video and I believe you have to register every year you use the product. For what it's worth, there's also Axxon which is free for the first 16 cameras and has video analytics built in.

Yea that is a good point it does keep bugging me to register the software and it does say something about being free for one year.

Downloading Axxon now and spinning up another VM

Let us know what you think...

Yea that is a good point it does keep bugging me to register the software and it does say something about being free for one year.

Downloading Axxon now and spinning up another VM

I'm really surprised to hear that complaint from you. You're an experienced installer, and the wizard walks you through everything. I would have expected any other complaint LOL

but I do fined it to be overly complicated to setup and use.

I'm really surprised to hear that complaint from you. You're an experienced installer, and the wizard walks you through everything. I would have expected any other complaint LOL

No wizards are needed with Avigilon

Avigilon is used in any large installs or is it just a mid range product? Most installs in large sector is Milestone am i incorrect?

No wizards are needed with Avigilon

Avigilon is used in any large installs or is it just a mid range product? Most installs in large sector is Milestone am i incorrect?

Depends on the what you think is large? The one issue with 4.0 was enterprise management meaning the system worked great but it was not the best at managing users over multiple servers. This is an area where Milestone excels so for 1000+ cameras it might be a better choice for you. Now with 5.0 you can manage systems with up to 100 servers and 12,800 cameras.

Let me know what you think of Axxon. Demo'ed pretty well at ISC West, but when I tried their latest version, did not have much luck getting it to record but didn't have a lot of time spend on it. I tried it in the past and got it to record but 2 cameras brought my quad core PC to it's knees, took me a while just to reboot. But the newer version seems to be more efficient.

5 days is a bummer on Xprotect Go because if you go away on vacation for a week and something happens, you lose a few days.

Is the interface not intuitive or is the settings menu complicated?

Wow finally got Axxon up and running but still not recording yet. I must say this is not very easy to setup. I guess it is time to pull out the manual.

Yeah, not quite as easy to setup as Avigilon software.

I am still having a problem with setting up with their situation analysis with motion masking; it keeps detecting motion under areas that are masked out.

I would agree with thewireguys, it's far from intuitive or easy but then so are many free NVR choices like Zoneminder. But for the lucky few that get it working, they seem to like it.

Maybe you have to think like a Russian, speak with thick Russian accent, drink Russian Vodka while setting up the Russian software and that may unlock the mysteries.

I tried X-Protect Go briefly, and had a fair bit of trouble with it. Of 3 identical Vivotek cameras, it would add one automatically with no problem and struggle with the other 2; sometimes I got all 3 working, sometimes not. Other cams also had mixed results in ease of setup.

Due to the limitations, I didn't spend a lot of time on troubleshooting it, since I was pretty sure I wouldn't be using it long term. I ended up going with Blue Iris, which is quite a competent and flexible package for a reasonable price.

This does look interesting

f6A2zPVum1A

TLaOJb7lOMsZk

Looks interesting. But I doubt the usability.