Securame

Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I IR issues

I read this comment from buellwinkle on this post, but since my question is not related to the thread, I prefer to open a new one:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36710

No contest, get the E72. First, the E72 is 3-axis vs. the Hikvision being 2-axis, a mounting headache for most. Second, ACTi will provide you better support (open a ticket online on the E53, it should not do that). Third, the Hikvision has light bleed issues I've been working with Hikvision to resolve, until they resolve it, I won't buy one. Fourth reason, ACTi provides pretty good NVR software for free and you already have an ACTi camera, so you can run both on the free software. The SD card slot is an advantage if you use it. If the Hikvision was 3-axis and they fixed the ir bleed issue, then you would have a fair contest.

I recently finished installing out test Hikvision equipment, DS-7608NI-SE with 8 different cameras, 4 of them from Hikvision and 4 ONVIF. One of the cameras is a DS-2CD2132-I unit, and when the IR kicks on, the image quality is quite bad. So I remembered this post, and I was wondering if this is the "light bleed issues" he was referring to. Image is great with light, bad on IR mode.

225783_1.jpg

225783_2.jpg

I also have a DS-2CD2032-I which is pretty much the same camera, but in bullet format instead of dome. And the image is quite different on this one. They are both pretty much configured the same way.

225783_3.jpg

225783_4.jpg

Do I have a defective unit? Or they are all like this, and Hikvision just has issues that needs to resolve on this model? I will receive another DS-2CD2132-I tomorrow so I will compare how it is, since I do not know if it is a software or hardware issue, but I would like to hear from those who have tried this unit.

That does look like IR washout. You can tell for sure by removing the dome and seeing if it's better. You can also get this from IR reflection from local objects, but you'd expect to see that with the bullet as well.

Can you just run the camera without the dome? In a small shop like that, there's not much need for concealing which way the lens is pointing. I do like the field of view of the bullet a lot better, though.

That does look like IR washout. You can tell for sure by removing the dome and seeing if it's better. You can also get this from IR reflection from local objects, but you'd expect to see that with the bullet as well.

Can you just run the camera without the dome? In a small shop like that, there's not much need for concealing which way the lens is pointing. I do like the field of view of the bullet a lot better, though.

According to the specs, they both have a 4mm lens, but I haven't checked. I would say that they do have the same angle.

I will try tomorrow with no cover, and I should have the new unit so I can compare and see if it does the same. The dome really does not conceal where the camera is looking at, since there would be nothing to see the other way. This is were both units are placed.

225788_1.jpg

225788_2.jpg

Well, whatever the problem was, it seems to be gone.

I received a new unit, tried it on my test bench, IR worked fine. So I tried the unit I have without the cover, and it was doing the same. I took it down, tried it right next to the other one, and they were both working fine. So I thought it had to be a power issue (POE), maybe it was not geting enough power and IR were not working fine... Now that it is back in place, I think that maybe the IR filter was not kicking in place, but I am really not sure on what the problem was.

225873_1.jpg

I also updated the firmware from V4.0.9 130106 to V5.0.0 130412, but it actually worked ok on my test bench before doing the upgrade. So, the problem seems to be gone, but I hate it to not know exactly what it was...

Edit: I love it how the 5.0 firmware shows you real time were the movement detection is happening

Interesting! I wonder if another setting was changed at some point, like contrast or WDR. Both of those can affect the night shots like that, though I'd expect contrast to wash out the day shot as well. On the Hik, I've found that WDR settings that look good in the daytime cause a lot of trouble at night.

Anyway, looks much better!

Hi guys!

Recently purchased four hikvisions DS- 2CD2132F -IS cameras. One is with the same problem.

Check out the photos , the first photo is of a camera this good and one with the problem.

Any idea? I emphasize that station with the same configuration

compare.thumb.jpg.a993b19fee1e1a82bed93000025d47ad.jpg