atari37

IP cameras with 2-way audio

I'm been seeing some 1080p dome cameras with 2-way audio and I'm curious about the 2-way audio feature.

Does both audio and video get sent to the NVR via the CAT5 cable or do I need additional cabling to use the audio function?

Can I actually have a 2-way conversation with someone on the other end? Does anyone have any experience on how loud the speaker on the camera sounds?

Thank you

I'm been seeing some 1080p dome cameras with 2-way audio and I'm curious about the 2-way audio feature.

Does both audio and video get sent to the NVR via the CAT5 cable or do I need additional cabling to use the audio function?

Can I actually have a 2-way conversation with someone on the other end? Does anyone have any experience on how loud the speaker on the camera sounds?

Thank you

you would need your own powered speakers and powered microphone and the extra cabling, i have a bunch of 1080p domes that have the feature, but its not as easy as plug and play, still plenty of work needed.

Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling that's how it worked but I was hoping for something else.

Too bad both audio and video couldn't be passed to the NVR via the single CAT5 or 6 cable.

Too bad both audio and video couldn't be passed to the NVR via the single CAT5 or 6 cable.

it does .... all you need is a mic and speaker at camera end .... and NVR supports audio

Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling that's how it worked but I was hoping for something else.

As someone else mentioned the audio signals do in fact get sent via CAT cables. The microphone should be 'plug and play', but you will almost certainly need some type of powered amp for the speaker. I doubt this would be included in camera but it's possible. Just check the owners/installation manual.

any recommendation for mic manufacturers or specifications? Buellwinkle are you on every post on this forum ? lol.

Going to order up my dahua ipc-hfw3301C's tomorrow probably. The company says they have a cheap mic at $9 and an expensive one at $50. Plenty of places on eBay selling them just thought I would get a few from there instead.

David

So are you going to complain or do you want answers. For a decent mic, consider these guys - http://www.louroe.com/

If it's indoors, you can get away with a cheaper mic, many on Amazon or eBay. For example, search for cctv microphone on Amazon, plenty for under $10. Just make sure it's amplified and you have a 12V power supply to power it.

Well the first thing you need to do is figure out if the audio input on the camera is line-level or a mic level input.

The audio will be encoded in the camera and sent down cat5 cable over the network but like others have said you will need at least power for the amp at the speaker.

Well the first thing you need to do is figure out if the audio input on the camera is line-level or a mic level input.

Can you tell me what would be the difference and what you would need for the two ? Thanks.

Can you tell me what would be the difference and what you would need for the two ? Thanks.

Line-level input you will need a mic with a amplifier (and you will need power for the mic)

Mic-level you can order a mic without the amplifier (and then you will not need power for the mic)

If that dahua is like the 3202 that I put in

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdbw32003202-220.html

than all you need is a typical powered cctv mic. Cheap is fine, although if it's outdoors you need to find an outdoor rated one. I highly recommend one with a gain control on the mic itself. It really allows you to dial in just the right amount of volume needed. A set loudness of max is not always needed, depending on the space.

The first vid is the camera I installed with audio in a reception area, with a cheap mic up in the ceiling tile. The second vid is a nice rig for using the two way audio feature of the NVR itself, not the camera. That audio would not be recorded. The third vid is an example of two way with a dvr, but it's much the same for an NVR.

9djw0wodcrc

REJgL0b8SRc

CqoUcHkSiT0

Edited by Guest

Hello,

Whether it's mic level or line level input, you will still need to run 12vDC to the microphone. Only difference is line level mic can have a longer cable run than mic level at 100ft max. Always go for line level. Some good microphones out there will allow you to chose between them two, I can supply you with ultra low noise mic/line level mics, ultra sensitive you can hear people whispering.

Hello,

Whether it's mic level or line level input, you will still need to run 12vDC to the microphone. Only difference is line level mic can have a longer cable run than mic level at 100ft max. Always go for line level. Some good microphones out there will allow you to chose between them two, I can supply you with ultra low noise mic/line level mics, ultra sensitive you can hear people whispering.

There are two types of microphones. Dynamic and condenser. Dynamic is actually a micro generator and produces micro voltage to the plug. This has to have a mic level input. A condenser mic needs a power source. It also produces micro voltage output to a mic level input.

Hello,

There are two types of microphones. Dynamic and condenser. Dynamic is actually a micro generator and produces micro voltage to the plug. This has to have a mic level input. A condenser mic needs a power source. It also produces micro voltage output to a mic level input.

That funny

never heard that before