Sign in to follow this  
kelingdun

How to automatically backup lorex NVR

Hi, I have the LNR282 ( costco package ) NVR and 6 camera system.

The instruction manual give backup options including a mirror of a harddrive on the NVR. But I imagine if someone break into my house, the first thing the thief would want to take the NVR so no video/trace is left. So I would want to automatically back up all

frame or motion induced frames on a desktop or on a server attached to the network. The instruction manual does not have any discussion

of this option. I would imagine other people would have the same question as well?

Create an NAS device on the NVR, this is an external network drive.

The NAS drive needs to have an NFS share with no permission restrictions.

Configure the NVR to continually mirror the data to the NAS drive. There are a lot of ways to do this in the NVR, per camera, per event, some cameras, all the cameras.

This is exactly what I want to do. But I don't see an option to create this NAS on the NVR so

it could be mirrored on the network drive. the LNR282 box only provide option to mirror on

a secondary local hard drive.

I have called the technical support and they said that the only mode of backup supported is the local mirroring drive

Would appreciate a link on how to do this.

Wow, I'm impressed that you actually spoke with tech support, I have never got past being on hold for 45 minutes without the phone hanging up on me.

They aren't worth calling.

See the manual: http://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/security-nvr/LNR200-Series/LNR200_SERIES_MANUAL_EN_R2_web.pdf

See the section on page 40, there is an 'add' button at the bottom. I think this is used, not sure, I don't have local access to mine right now.

Bottom of page 118 also to select a camera to mirror too.

Use the client software, that might be easier.

http://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/security-nvr/LNR200-Series/LNR200_SERIES_CLIENT_PC_04012013.zip

Then use the remote configure on the NVR.

Select HDD and Network Disk Configuration, then add the device. See the images here.

Add a NAS drive or a iSCSI drive, these become HDs, format them, treat them like a physical drive in the NVR.

Untitled.jpg.034d60568b672c25d90c0ab872556b62.jpg

Untitled.jpg.1a6400c5c8d82e60098f1d20c5b05e31.jpg