SLOWBRA

How many Swann NVR & 1080P bullet cam owners are on here?

I am a satisfied customer with the SWANN bullet Hik branded cameras. I have two with the hik 5.1 software and I am extremely happy with them. I just wish they would support 2TB NFS/CIFS on the storage section. My 500GB NAS works fine, but the minute I throw 2TB drives in the same NAS the cameras fail. I am 100% its a timeout limit set in the camera while building the meta files.

Other than the bigger hard disk problem, the cameras function great. Just wish they would fix this feature.

I bought the NVR16-7200 from Costco that came with 2 varifocals and 6 bullet cameras. When I first got the system I made sure each camera was working and each port. A few weeks later I am setting up the system and only the 2 varifocals and 2 bullet cameras are being connected and showing video. The other 4 bullet are being powered when I connect it to the NVR since the infrared light is coming on but there is no connection being made to the NVR. I tried connecting it directly to my laptop and the same thing is happening.

I tried different ports and different cables that work with the cameras that are being connected.

Why its baffling, is why will they connect and show video before and not connect again (no connection lights on the port), And why receive power and not connect.

I also tried resetting the cameras but nothing. Really hoping that the cameras aren't faulty.

Can anyone please help.

If anybody is still watching this thread.

I just bought a DS-2CD2032-i version 5.2.0.

The Swann NVR8-7250 will not detect the camera via plug-n-play.

My v5.0.2 camera works fine.

Do you think we'll ever see new NVR firmware from Swann?

Probably easier to downgrade the camera to 5.0.2, but I've heard that can't be done.

Any suggestions?

Thx.....Mike

+1 for satisfied NVR-8 with all eight bullets. Works very well for my needs. I've had excellent help from Swann Level 2 tech support both by phone and by email.

If anybody is still watching this thread.

I just bought a DS-2CD2032-i version 5.2.0.

The Swann NVR8-7250 will not detect the camera via plug-n-play.

My v5.0.2 camera works fine.

Do you think we'll ever see new NVR firmware from Swann?

Probably easier to downgrade the camera to 5.0.2, but I've heard that can't be done.

Any suggestions?

Thx.....Mike

Hi Mike,

Which version is your NVR on right now?