Sign in to follow this  
ak_camguy

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I how to purge videos?

These cameras come with a setting to store to a NFS share. This works great, except it doesn't purge the data. After a week of HD recording I have almost used up 500GB of storage. At this rate I would need a ton of storage in order to keep a month's worth of data...

My question is how do you purge this data?

I know most NVR's have a setting to purge after so many days... But I can't seem to find anywhere within the camera to delete footage after so many days.

I am using a script to purge the data now and it works fine... But I would have thought this would have been a feature already built into the camera settings somewhere.

Thanks!

Buellwinkle is right, the cameras should overwrite the oldest footage once full. From my experience these cams calculate how much storage is available based on volume size where the NFS share sits. so if you wanted 200gb limit on the camera recording, you'd need to create a 200gb volume on your hard disk just for recordings. There's always share quotas but I've not tested these since the separate volume method works fine for me..

Brenning

You could just set the option 'Erase video after (days) " to not fill up the drive.

It's under Recording configuration-> Record Quality-> 'Record' tab. Make sure you set the appropriate camera you want video deleted on.