Sign in to follow this  
lowpro

HFW3200s work with the Swann (Hikvision) HD8-7250 NVR?

Hi Guys,

I recently got rid of my Q-See system and picked up a Swann HD8-7250 nvr. It works great with it's own 3mp cameras. I have 2 Dahua HFW3200s camera left over from my other system.

Has anybody been able to get the Dahua cameras to work on the hikvision nvr? I haven't been able to make it work. It's plugged directly into the nvr. I've tried the admin/admin combo and also tried to change the port to 9988. oh and ONVIF also. No go.

With my Q-See system I was running camera over a wireless bridge. Since the camera was on the same network, the nvr was able to scan the network and it was really easy to add the camera.

Before I returned the Q-See package, I was able to get a HFW2100 (wireless via bridge) to work with the Hikvision NVR. Once I saw that it was able to get video to the nvr, I packaged up the 2100 since I figured that the 3200s was going to work the same....

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if it will work at all. I'd love to hear what someone else did to get it to work. I don't want to be chasing my tail if it isn't going to work.

Thanks!

If anyone is interested to know. I did get my Dahua hfw3200s to work with the Swann (HD8-7250) NVR.

As mentioned, I had one of the Dahua cameras plugged directly into the nvr. The camera got power but I was never able to get the nvr to see the camera.

I also mentioned that I have a small Edimax router that I use to make one of the cameras wireless. The NVR was able to see the "wireless" camera on the network. So i *was* able to get that camera to come up on the nvr.

Protocol is ONVIF

Management port is 9988

user: admin

pswd: admin

Not all features work the same way.

Moral of the story. The 3200s did not work when plugged directly nto the nvr. You must power it separately and add it to your network not via the nvr.

I'm trying to get my Dauhus IP cam to work with my Hikvision NVR.

This is my setup on the camera.

I also sat ONVFI authenticatino = ON

Which IP port should I specify on the NVR?

I've tried all combinations

I can only get a connection if I use RTSP(554) but then none of the PTZ functions work in the NVR in preview.

dahua.jpg.e0126ba79719d8bfc59136e82912adad.jpg

hik_nvr.jpg.735927186c654d5c5baf0639acdc287e.jpg