yozh

Dahua Camera Crash/Reboot abort ?

So yesterday 3-4 hours with out a crash, then started again and every hour on the clock at x:55 it hangs. Nothing attached to it, nothing when sniffing traffic to it, it just drops of the network and thats it. Im not sure how would synology do something like this to it. i ordered 4200s replacement and also 4300s to check. Anyone know where to get latest firmwares for this ????? I dont know, Im at a loss here on what to do or how to do it.

Ok out of pure frustration I will post again, and maybe some one out there knows exactly what is happening.

So after my last post the issue was resolved on its own(not sure if you can call it resolved)

The cameras became stable, I replaced the bad 4200S with another 4200S and added a 4300S to the mix as a temp camera in the office. All got stable with out any reboots/crashes/hangs/etc...

It worked likes this for about 2 weeks. No issues at all. Then my synology started acting up(1st time ever in 16 months I own it), there was a process that was eating CPU and I had to change a setting and reboot it. After reboot all went well, cameras were still up, I did see that Surveillance station had an update, so I did it, and as soon as the update started the cameras hung again and had to be manually rebooted. This was last Thursday (8/21) at night around 9-10pm. Then the whole hourly crash started again, every hour at x:44 (this time) the cameras hang and had to be manually rebooted. After trying few things and writing a script for rebooting the cameras via log in to the switch and disabling POE on port and enabling it, the issue stopped somewhere around Saturday morning or so. Everything was fine and cameras were stable again. Last night the issue reappeared again. Again all 3 cameras at exactly x:44 just go down.

I`m able to telnet in to cameras now(thanks to guys on this forum) and looked thru everything. I cant see why at exactly x:44 they do this.

Ok out of pure frustration I will post again, and maybe some one out there knows exactly what is happening.

So after my last post the issue was resolved on its own(not sure if you can call it resolved)

The cameras became stable, I replaced the bad 4200S with another 4200S and added a 4300S to the mix as a temp camera in the office. All got stable with out any reboots/crashes/hangs/etc...

It worked likes this for about 2 weeks. No issues at all. Then my synology started acting up(1st time ever in 16 months I own it), there was a process that was eating CPU and I had to change a setting and reboot it. After reboot all went well, cameras were still up, I did see that Surveillance station had an update, so I did it, and as soon as the update started the cameras hung again and had to be manually rebooted. This was last Thursday (8/21) at night around 9-10pm. Then the whole hourly crash started again, every hour at x:44 (this time) the cameras hang and had to be manually rebooted. After trying few things and writing a script for rebooting the cameras via log in to the switch and disabling POE on port and enabling it, the issue stopped somewhere around Saturday morning or so. Everything was fine and cameras were stable again. Last night the issue reappeared again. Again all 3 cameras at exactly x:44 just go down.

I`m able to telnet in to cameras now(thanks to guys on this forum) and looked thru everything. I cant see why at exactly x:44 they do this.

Ok so here is a final update on my issue.

There is something on my network, still not sure what it is, or what it could be (even after doing packet captures and going over it multiple times) that will signal/force/overload or something for the cameras to reboot. I was working with iTuneDVR member from here who suggesting moving to a different VLAN, which worked, no issues anymore cameras have been stable. I still cant find what actually caused the issue, but it is "fixed" now.

i have the same problem with HDW4300S IP Camera 3MP 1080P POE firmware upgrade.

my camera keeps loop rebooting.

i opened the ball camera, but there is no hard reset button.

any idea how to fix it?

Does it loop after a bad update/upgrade?

sure, dahua support gave me the latest firmware to upgrade and now i have only 1-2 seconds of IP and then it reboots.

What was the update procedure?

thanks for helping,

i uploaded the firmware via the camera gui and pressed updated.

Did anyone ever figure out a solution for this? I have 7 cameras on property connected to a Synology DS715. 3 are Dahua, 4 are a different brand. From the beginning all three Dahua cameras have given me trouble but recently they started locking up about every hour except occasionally they will stay up for several hours but eventually they always lock up. Meanwhile the other cameras operate without issue.

I attempted to contact Dahua support three days ago but have received no response so I am hoping someone found a solution here. I simply will NOT accept that it's entirely the fault of Synology as Dahua seems to like passing the buck and blaming anyone but themselves. I saw someone mention getting a dahua NVR but when I looked into it the interface was absolutely horrid, like a cheap DVR from Walmart. I went with the synology specifically for the versatility of their user interface so I want to stick with it. These cameras also locked up when I took the Synology offline and used Security Spy on my desktop as I was trouble-shooting this issue. I can't seem to pin it down - the camera log simply shows an "Abort" event right before the following "startup" event but it doesn't tell me exactly what it was aborting. The 4 other branded cameras work just fine.

I logged into one of the camera's web interface directly and waited until the connection disappeared from my Synology and when I clicked Live view I got a "Resource is limited" message and then the web server on the camera shut down. The camera will never reboot itself when this happens, I always have to pull the network connection at the switch (the remove power). Also when this lockup or hang occurs it becomes unresponsive to pings or port scans.

Here's the info on my cameras... all three are the same model:

IPC-HDBW2300R-Z

Software Version: 2.420.0005.0.R, build : 2014-12-05

WEB Version: 3.2.1.237466

ONVIF Version: 2.4.1

Plugged into a business class Cisco gigabit POE switch (though the same problem happened on a LevelOne switch and a cheaper BV-Tech switch).

I cannot find a firmware update anywhere and some were cautioning me that there is a Chinese version out there that may brick my cameras so I should be cautious where I obtain the software. Since Dahua isn't responding to me I'm kind of at a loss aside from trashing them and getting three cameras from a more reliable manufacturer - but that's a pain to re-mount new cams, not to mention the expense.

Thanks for any help,

Nick

I recently experienced something similar, and just tried it again to test my thesis.

Setup:

Dahua IPC-K100W

2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-14

NVR:

Dahua NVR4108-P

System Version:3.201.0000.0.R Build Date:2015-11-20

After upgrading NVR to the above version, the K100W startet rebooting constantly when connected to the NVR using the generic Dahua protocol. When I terminated the connection between the NVR and IPC, the IPC worked fine.

However, when I changed it to the ONVIF instead, the camera stopped "bugging" while connected to the NVR.

I suspect the firmwares are not compatible, perhaps you have the same issue.

BR

I recently experienced something similar, and just tried it again to test my thesis.

Setup:

Dahua IPC-K100W

2.420.0000.0.R, build : 2014-04-14

NVR:

Dahua NVR4108-P

System Version:3.201.0000.0.R Build Date:2015-11-20

After upgrading NVR to the above version, the K100W startet rebooting constantly when connected to the NVR using the generic Dahua protocol. When I terminated the connection between the NVR and IPC, the IPC worked fine.

However, when I changed it to the ONVIF instead, the camera stopped "bugging" while connected to the NVR.

I suspect the firmwares are not compatible, perhaps you have the same issue.

BR

Moensted,

I have narrowed it down to a problem between the Synology NVR and the Dahua cams. I captured network traffic and noticed that the synology and the dahua cams enter this odd loop of sending data and then requesting that data to be re-sent over and over again. If you have a managed switch take a look at the interface ports your dahua cams are connected to and check out the number of bad packets. Mine are in the millions on each cam. There are 20+ other devices on my switch, including 4 IP cams of another brand, which have zero bad packets. It seems that it what's causing the send and repeat loop between the NVR and the cam. I am curious if you see the same phenomenon. You can see all the repeat requests if you mirror your port and capture the data with WireShark (free for mac and pc).

I got the cams to stop locking up by changing my switch's behavior - I changed the spanning tree BPDU behavior to filtering globally and that seems to have stopped the camera from disconnecting though I'm not exactly sure why that is.

I saw the same behavior you experienced.. the camera works fine when removed from the Synology Surveillance Station but once I add it again the errors start back up.

I have been working with Dahua support for a week and we have tried multiple firmware updates and various settings changes but nothing has worked. I contacted Synology support yesterday and sent them my wireshark capture so we will see how they reply. If I find a solution I will update here. I am afraid I may have to just remove my Dahua cams and switch to a different brand but that's a pricey option so I'll make that my last resort.

Moensted,

I have narrowed it down to a problem between the Synology NVR and the Dahua cams. I captured network traffic and noticed that the synology and the dahua cams enter this odd loop of sending data and then requesting that data to be re-sent over and over again. If you have a managed switch take a look at the interface ports your dahua cams are connected to and check out the number of bad packets. Mine are in the millions on each cam. There are 20+ other devices on my switch, including 4 IP cams of another brand, which have zero bad packets. It seems that it what's causing the send and repeat loop between the NVR and the cam. I am curious if you see the same phenomenon. You can see all the repeat requests if you mirror your port and capture the data with WireShark (free for mac and pc).

I got the cams to stop locking up by changing my switch's behavior - I changed the spanning tree BPDU behavior to filtering globally and that seems to have stopped the camera from disconnecting though I'm not exactly sure why that is.

I saw the same behavior you experienced.. the camera works fine when removed from the Synology Surveillance Station but once I add it again the errors start back up.

I have been working with Dahua support for a week and we have tried multiple firmware updates and various settings changes but nothing has worked. I contacted Synology support yesterday and sent them my wireshark capture so we will see how they reply. If I find a solution I will update here. I am afraid I may have to just remove my Dahua cams and switch to a different brand but that's a pricey option so I'll make that my last resort.

You could try a different firmware in the cameras instead?

You could try a different firmware in the cameras instead?

I have tried three different firmware versions incrementally first in just one camera and eventually in all three cameras until I got to the newest revision available. Nothing seems to fix the issue. As I dove deeper into the switch logs I realized the cameras are sending fragmented packets and have many checksum errors. This usually points to a bad NIC, bad port, bad cable or faulty firmware; since it's happening on all three of my Dahua brand cams (which means three cables, three nic cards, three switch ports) and doesn't happen on any of my other Hikvision cams I have to imagine it must be something in the firmware that doesn't play well. Synology had me disable IPv6 on my DiskStation. This didn't help me but they said they have seen it cause problems with some cams so maybe that tidbit will help anyone else here that's troubleshooting. After switching IPv6 off I still see CRC errors in the packets coming from all three cams and when I load live view or my mobile app you can tell those three cams are impaired because they are the last three to load an image, the others come up with away (all cams have the same resolution, frame rate and data rate).

I have tried three different firmware versions incrementally first in just one camera and eventually in all three cameras until I got to the newest revision available. Nothing seems to fix the issue. As I dove deeper into the switch logs I realized the cameras are sending fragmented packets and have many checksum errors. This usually points to a bad NIC, bad port, bad cable or faulty firmware; since it's happening on all three of my Dahua brand cams (which means three cables, three nic cards, three switch ports) and doesn't happen on any of my other Hikvision cams I have to imagine it must be something in the firmware that doesn't play well. Synology had me disable IPv6 on my DiskStation. This didn't help me but they said they have seen it cause problems with some cams so maybe that tidbit will help anyone else here that's troubleshooting. After switching IPv6 off I still see CRC errors in the packets coming from all three cams and when I load live view or my mobile app you can tell those three cams are impaired because they are the last three to load an image, the others come up with away (all cams have the same resolution, frame rate and data rate).

I have installed several (20+) of the 2300R-Z over the last couple of months, and all are running smoothly.

Software Version_ 2.420.0006.0.R, build : 2015-03-11

WEB Version: 3.2.1.256412

ONVIF Version: 2.4.1

I've sent you a PM