yozh

Dahua Camera Crash/Reboot abort ?

Hello,

I just got the ip-hdw2100 yesterday installed it outside and over night I got about 300 emails that the camera disconnected and reconnected to my synology NVR. When I look at the camera log I see Abort, Start up events. Also I disabled motion events, but it seems they are still occurring as per the log. Anyone seen this before ?

Please help. When it work the camera is great, but this crash seems to be crazy. I checked and verified all wiring, but this seems like some kind of software issue ?

With a new cam, anything could be the culprit - bad cable, power problems, bad cam, network issues...

Can you see it when it happens? If so, you'd want to watch the web page to see if that's still working when the NVR loses contact.

If you're running on POE, you could try connecting to another switch/router, or direct to a PC, using a 12V ps. If you're running 12V, it could be wire gauge, PS problems, etc.

I'd start with a different cable connected through a different port using a different power source, just to shotgun some of the common failures.

With a new cam, anything could be the culprit - bad cable, power problems, bad cam, network issues...

Can you see it when it happens? If so, you'd want to watch the web page to see if that's still working when the NVR loses contact.

If you're running on POE, you could try connecting to another switch/router, or direct to a PC, using a 12V ps. If you're running 12V, it could be wire gauge, PS problems, etc.

I'd start with a different cable connected through a different port using a different power source, just to shotgun some of the common failures.

Thank you for the reply. It does not look like the camera is actually loosing power. It looks like it reboots it self. The camera log message is showing "abort" log event, then "startup". I`m using Cisco SG300-10MP switch and it doesnt even look like the interface resets when the camera restarts it self. I have been monitoring with SNMP, but since turned it off... This is driving me crazy. I can try to move it back inside and see what happenes. But its a pain for me to mount it outside.

Thank you for the reply. It does not look like the camera is actually loosing power. It looks like it reboots it self. The camera log message is showing "abort" log event, then "startup". I`m using Cisco SG300-10MP switch and it doesnt even look like the interface resets when the camera restarts it self. I have been monitoring with SNMP, but since turned it off... This is driving me crazy. I can try to move it back inside and see what happenes. But its a pain for me to mount it outside.

Just took my cable tester and tested the cable all the way thru tests fine. I removed the camera outside and installed it at another run. Lets see how it holds up. I was monitoring it via telnet and I can see it crash, but Ill go thru motions again....

Just took my cable tester and tested the cable all the way thru tests fine. I removed the camera outside and installed it at another run. Lets see how it holds up. I was monitoring it via telnet and I can see it crash, but Ill go thru motions again....

Just as expected. After being inside for about 1.5 hours the camera crashed again and rebooted. So you guys think I got a lemon ? Return ?

Yep, starting to sound like a bad camera. Too bad you don't have another to compare to, as that would tell for sure.

Yep, starting to sound like a bad camera. Too bad you don't have another to compare to, as that would tell for sure.

Funny you should say that. As I purchased another same camera, from a diffrent seller and waiting for it to show up this weekend or Monday. I will keep it at least until I get that second camera. I did bring it back outside last night and over night I only had 1 reboot and nothing during the day. I will be returning it, since this is not stable at all, but other ways I like this camera, even if some menu and options are glitchy...

Hi, did you ever solve this problem. I have a Dahua IPC-HFW3300CP and it has started doing the exact same thing - log file shows multiple abort/startup cycles and it has crashed completely twice in the last 2 weeks. I have moved it indoors and to a different PSU, different LAN cable and switch port but no improvement. I seems the camera is self-rebooting just like yours. Any ideas??

Hi, did you ever solve this problem. I have a Dahua IPC-HFW3300CP and it has started doing the exact same thing - log file shows multiple abort/startup cycles and it has crashed completely twice in the last 2 weeks. I have moved it indoors and to a different PSU, different LAN cable and switch port but no improvement. I seems the camera is self-rebooting just like yours. Any ideas??

Nope did not find a fix. It was rebooting. I have it connected to Synology and, what I did to make it reboot less, is change the camera IP, remove the camera in Synology add as new, then created view only username on the camera.

Is your camera directly supported by Synology (verify mode, name, fw version)?

Does it reboot if you view it live using IE/Chrome or DAHUA's mobile/PC app?

I suspect an incompatibility between the client-side software of Synology and this camera.

post the firmware version. I've got two of these 2100's and they came with different firmwares.

Hi, I fixed the problem. It was down to the Synology NAS software. I updated the Disk Station Manager (OS) and the camera pack on Surveillance Station and everything works perfectly. Note I have not updated to the new SS beta (too risky in my view as Synology are not great at testing updates). I had not connected the issue with a software update I did around Xmas but clearly they were related as everything worked great up to then. Synology SS has not proven reliable with the Dahua cameras but hopefully future updates will not regress this problem which seems to be down to SS opening multiple simultaneous sessions and going beyond the max sessions the camera will support - which then causes a soft reboot of the camera.

So happy for now but very unimpressed with Synology's configuration management and regression testing.

Hi guys, I have the same issue, but with 14cameras on site (all kinds - 1.3mpx, 3mpx, PTZ, static).. all the same, rebooting in loops, the customer goes little bit crazy

the crazy think is, that 14cams are still rebooting randomly, and 7cameras are works fine..

so you mean, that multiple tcp/ip sessions (more that camera can handle) should cause camera reboot? I use thirtyparty software through onvif... (so we can not speak about compatibility )

Stop the ONVIF software for a while and check the logs of the cameras to see if they still reboot.

Also, are you sure they are rebooting and the a network outage/connection dropping down?

I will try stop the onvif SW..

I'm am sure, they are rebooting, I try also ping, and of course the network on this device drop down

here is part of the system log:

1 admin 2014-05-28 09:04:06 Login {"Address":"192.168.90.2"}

2 System 2014-05-27 21:43:13 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

3 System 2014-05-27 21:43:13 Abort {"Time":"2014-05-27 21:40:17"}

4 System 2014-05-27 19:30:30 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

5 System 2014-05-27 19:30:30 Abort {"Time":"2014-05-27 19:27:33"}

6 System 2014-05-27 17:49:29 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

7 System 2014-05-27 17:49:29 Abort {"Time":"2014-05-27 17:46:33"}

8 System 2014-05-27 15:59:19 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

9 System 2014-05-27 15:59:19 Abort {"Time":"2014-05-27 15:56:21"}

10 System 2014-05-27 12:06:32 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

It looks like the new firware fix this problem, I hope it will works for a while

I will try stop the onvif SW..

I'm am sure, they are rebooting, I try also ping, and of course the network on this device drop down

here is part of the system log:

1 admin 2014-05-28 09:04:06 Login {"Address":"192.168.90.2"}

2 System 2014-05-27 21:43:13 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

3 System 2014-05-27 21:43:13 Abort {"Time":"2014-05-27 21:40:17"}

4 System 2014-05-27 19:30:30 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

5 System 2014-05-27 19:30:30 Abort {"Time":"2014-05-27 19:27:33"}

6 System 2014-05-27 17:49:29 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

7 System 2014-05-27 17:49:29 Abort {"Time":"2014-05-27 17:46:33"}

8 System 2014-05-27 15:59:19 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

9 System 2014-05-27 15:59:19 Abort {"Time":"2014-05-27 15:56:21"}

10 System 2014-05-27 12:06:32 Start up {"Reboot Mark":"Abort"}

for 3(2)xxx static: V2.420.0000.0.R.20140414

for PTZ: V2.213.0000.0.R.20131127

Can you provide info where we can get V2.420.0000.0.R.20140414 NTSC verson for the 3(2)xxxx cameras.

Dahuas by default reboot on a schedule, you can turn that off. PoE switch can go bad and cause all sorts of mayhem like that. Also, many PoE switch, while they advertise 15.4W per port, have power budgets that are much less. Lastly, some lazy electricians don't follow the proper color protocol/wire sequence for RJ45 connections and then you end up with random connectivity issues.

I`m starting to get the same issue with the latest Synology and 4200S cameras. The issue with this cameras they dont reboot, they shutdown. I updated to the v2.4 firmware, but issue still persists. Looking for v2.42 for the 4200S in NTSC format... This is painful.

Get a true NVR(preferably by DAHUA) and all your troubles will go away.

Great advise " title="Applause" />

You're not the first, nor the last person that will have problem with software NVRs (let's call them NVRs, although they are NAS devices). It's been 6 months and you still are chasing solutions for a problem that can be solved in a jiffy, with a simple solution.

Temporarly, you could get a NVR for a week for testing purposes to be sure that the problem is in the Synology software.