Sign in to follow this  
lowpro

Issue with opening up rtsp stream via VLC - MRL Error

Hi Guys,

I have a Swann NVR8-7250 NVR. AT&T blocks port 554, so I changed the RTSP port to 1085. Port 1085 is open on my router.

This will be my first time messing around with VLC.

I tried to access the rtsp stream (rtsp://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1085/Streaming/Channels/1). The login prompt pops up. It then takes a few seconds and I get this error.

Your Input Can't be Opened

VLC is unable to open the MRL "xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1085/Streaming/Channels/1" Check log for details.

What does that mean? And how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Are you trying to access the stream from outside your network? If so, try a different port number, like put a 1 in front of it, like 11085. You never know what your ISP is up to. Also, go to canyouseeme.org and see if the world can see that port.

Yeah, i've tried Canyouseeme and it appears to be open. But you bring up a good point. It also said that port 554 was open, but it turns out that AT&T had blocked it.

Let me try another port.

And yes, I'm trying to access the rtsp stream from work. I have an iMac at work and the safari plugin just sucks. I just doesn't seem stable enough for me.

Many companies block RTSP, has nothing to do with ports. What you can do is convert RTSP to RTMP and hope your company does not block RTMP (flash or html5).

First try it from someone else's home, McDonalds or Starbucks and see if you can access the camera not from work. If you can but can't from work, it's your company's firewall.

Yup, my company is one of those that likes to block things.

How do you convert rtsp to rtmp? Just type in rtmp? Can i do it on my nvr?

I'm just trying to find an alternate way to view the cams. I also can't get IVMS-4200 to work at my work. Just Safari so far.

I know this original post is almost a year old... And I would assume you've found the solution to your URL problem by now...

However, for the benefit of the community and those googling for answers..

Swann 1080p cams (which I believe are Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I).

The RTSP URL needs to contain the login/password combo, as well as the proper pathname to the video streams:

For channel 1, main stream:

rtsp://username:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/PSIA/streaming/channels/101

Where 554 is your RTSP port, and 101 specifies channel 1 main stream. Use 102 for channel 1 sub stream. 201, 202, 301, 302, etc...

Something else I've found with the SwannView Plus software, setting the NVR up with P2P connectivity made it very slow to respond to navigation. Turning off P2P, and falling back to good-old IP/domain name & port connectivity solved this, and it is now nice and responsive. Hopefully this post can help someone.

Hi Guys,

I have a Swann NVR8-7250 NVR. AT&T blocks port 554, so I changed the RTSP port to 1085. Port 1085 is open on my router.

I tried to access the rtsp stream (rtsp://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1085/Streaming/Channels/1). The login prompt pops up. It then takes a few seconds and I get this error.

VLC is unable to open the MRL "xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1085/Streaming/Channels/1" Check log for details.

Thanks!

I know this original post is almost a year old... And I would assume you've found the solution to your URL problem by now...

However, for the benefit of the community and those googling for answers..

Swann 1080p cams (which I believe are Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I).

The RTSP URL needs to contain the login/password combo, as well as the proper pathname to the video streams:

For channel 1, main stream:

rtsp://username:password@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:554/PSIA/streaming/channels/101

Where 554 is your RTSP port, and 101 specifies channel 1 main stream. Use 102 for channel 1 sub stream. 201, 202, 301, 302, etc...

Something else I've found with the SwannView Plus software, setting the NVR up with P2P connectivity made it very slow to respond to navigation. Turning off P2P, and falling back to good-old IP/domain name & port connectivity solved this, and it is now nice and responsive. Hopefully this post can help someone.

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Hello and Welcome!

Actually no, I never figured out the answer. So thanks for posting the answer now. It works! This whole time I had been using Safari.

My upload speed at home is roughly about 3mbps, so I really only view one camera in main-stream mode before it starts to slow down and freeze up.

That's great though, thanks!

You're welcome... glad to help. I have the exact system you do, just recently... still learning.

Some other RTSP MRL's that work for these cams through the NVR...

Same streams, different way to get to them.

Channel 1:
rtsp://user:pass@x.x.x.x:554/mpeg4/ch33/main/av_stream
rtsp://user:pass@x.x.x.x:554/mpeg4/ch33/sub/av_stream

Channel 2:
rtsp://user:pass@x.x.x.x:554/mpeg4/ch34/main/av_stream
rtsp://user:pass@x.x.x.x:554/mpeg4/ch34/sub/av_stream

Channel 3:
rtsp://user:pass@x.x.x.x:554/mpeg4/ch35/main/av_stream
rtsp://user:pass@x.x.x.x:554/mpeg4/ch35/sub/av_stream

Channel 4:
rtsp://user:pass@x.x.x.x:554/mpeg4/ch36/main/av_stream
rtsp://user:pass@x.x.x.x:554/mpeg4/ch36/sub/av_stream

hello

actually i have a DM388 ip camera after running it i got a streaming this link

rtsp://10.0.0.13:8554/PSIA/Streaming/channels/1?videoCodecType=MPEG4

but when i tried to play it in VLC player it show error

Your input can't be opened:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'rtsp://10.0.0.13:8554/PSIA/Streaming/channels/1?videoCodecType=MPEG4'. Check the log for details.

Can you help me to Do streaming with VLC