old

Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I + Synology - motion detection resets

Once in a while, my Cameras' motion detection settings get reset back to default, where the entire view is selected, and the sensitivity setting is at or near max (instead of my settings where only part of the view is selected and the sensitivity is set to the middle.) I realize sometime after this happens because my cameras start recording when there is "no" motion. And they record loads and loads when there is no activity to speak of. All my cameras motion detection configs reset at the same time (both the DS-2CD2032-I, and the DS-2CD2132-Is.) I have them connected to a Synology DSM running ver 4.2. I thought I read over at NetworkCameraCritic.com that the Synology box takes control of certain settings on the Hikvisions, ( http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1762#comment-4654 ) I renamed the cameras (from Syno) and I'm still having this problem. Here's some more info about my setup in case it's helpful:

Synology Surveillance Station 6, running on DSM 4.2 build 3202

pfsense router, version 2.1

One camera bought as Hikvision DS-2CD2132-I, (and comes up as NC-KD032,)

Firmware: V5.0.2 130805, encoding ver V4.0 build 130411.

The other cameras are DS-2CD2032-I, firmware V5.0.2 130805, Encoding Version V4.0 build 130411.

I'm using the camera configuration file (Hikvision.conf) from this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=37182

POE through Zyxel ES1100

This forum has been a lifesaver for me; as always, any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

EDIT: I am using motion detection through the camera, not the surveillance station. My settings in Surveillance Station are set to camera motion detection.

EDIT: I am using motion detection through the camera, not the surveillance station. My settings in Surveillance Station are set to camera motion detection.

How about creating a non-admin account on the camera, and have Synology use that account? If Synology does not use an admin account, it should not be able to reset the MD settings on the camera...

How about creating a non-admin account on the camera, and have Synology use that account? If Synology does not use an admin account, it should not be able to reset the MD settings on the camera...

Oh that's thinking; that's going to work. I'll give that a try when I get a chance. Thanks MindTwist!

My DS-2CD2032-I with frimware 5.1 does the same thing, it goes back to having the entire view selected. I am only using the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software. I haven't really debugged it much, It may be related to changing other setting using the camera web interface is resetting it.

My DS-2CD2032-I with frimware 5.1 does the same thing, it goes back to having the entire view selected. I am only using the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software. I haven't really debugged it much, It may be related to changing other setting using the camera web interface is resetting it.

Hmmmmm, if it's doing it with Hikvision's own software, it sounds like something more complicated. Well, I'll just have to try out setting up a non-admin account and see if that does the trick.

Okay, I setup another user, named DSM on each of the cameras, removed permission for it to change settings, and I switched Synology DSM Security Center access from the "admin" account to the "DSM" account. I checked and it is not able to modify the motion detection settings. I bet that is going to do the trick. Well let me give it a week or so and see.

EDIT: ARGH! Synology Surveillance Station looses connectivity to the cameras if I don't allow it "Permission, Remote Parameters Settings." Of course that allows it to change the motion detection settings, and it does change them. The cameras it does not have access to don't have their settings changed. Boo, hiss.

219901017_HikvisionOperatorUser.jpg.7617241c31e8fc43c1a227edb2c9b90a.jpg

EDIT: ARGH! Synology Surveillance Station looses connectivity to the cameras if I don't allow it "Permission, Remote Parameters Settings." Of course that allows it to change the motion detection settings, and it does change them. The cameras it does not have access to don't have their settings changed. Boo, hiss.

That sucks... I wonder why it would need to change anything on the camera to just view the live video...

I had disabled uPnP in the Hikvision. I wonder if it's any different if I re-enable it. I'll have to try it someday.

Okay, so after I go into the cameras and edit the Synology's user account to remove its permission to change "Remote: Parameters Settings," Surveillance Station loses connectivity if it's restarted, or the SSS package is restarted. It seems to work for at least a little while. Let me see how long it will operate before it loses connectivity. I think earlier when I tried it, it might have lost connectivity during a power outage. Maybe it's okay until it loses power or is otherwise restarted. Yes, it is weird that SSS thinks it needs to control the camera settings in order to simply read the feed.

EDIT: Working 5 days so far. Of course, no power outages or restarts. I guess I could buy a UPS Battery Backup to mitigate the power outages.

I want to buy the same 2 cameras (or Dahua similar versions) to use with Synology Surveillance Station, I see that both (DS-2CD2032-I + DS-2CD2132-I) are displayed as supported now in the "Surveillance Station IP camera Support List".

Any problems after the last setting?

Thanks!

Just had this happen to me and I recalled reading this post. All of my motion detection settings were changed. Mind you, I did restart the Synology due to software upgrade. Any luck on figuring out a way around this? I sense I'm going to be annoyed if I have to readjust the settings every time the Synology is reset....

A NAS is a NAS = just a storage device. It's main purpose is to store data from the network(with no warranty), not to connect to different IP Cameras and store recordings.

You're just playing around, forcing a storage device to become a security device. That will not happen!

Get a NVR instead!

Do someone have an update with this issue? I'm experiencing the same issue when booting after update or when having to reboot SS all settings go back to default.

TIA

Do someone have an update with this issue? I'm experiencing the same issue when booting after update or when having to reboot SS all settings go back to default.

TIA

Get a dedicated NVR - better, faster, more secure, less prone to errors.

TIA

Get a dedicated NVR - better, faster, more secure, less prone to errors.

No thanks.

Can someone please help.

Same problem here: Any reset to Synology resets sensitivity on camera to 100%.

SSS set to: motion detection set by camera to keep cpu usage down.

Model DS-2CD2132-I

Serial No. DS-2CD2132-IXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Firmware Version V5.2.0 build 140721

Encoding Version V5.0 build 140714

Any other thoughts on this?

thanks,

ap

in the hikvision.conf is a line called "motion_param=sensitivity"... i have a system with 19 cameras and i dont want to test to remove the line from the conf to see if its works...

someone else,maybe?

Same story here.

Synology EDS14 with Hikvison 2cd-2332-i. Settings motion detection disappear each time from the camera.

Very annoying. Any thoughts on a solution?

thanks

Johan

I was experiencing the same situation with two Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS cameras. Everytime the DiskStation would restart the motion detection settings in the camera would be reset to default. I raised a ticket with Synology support and I guess someone else may have as well. As of Synology Surveillance Station 7.0-3742 (released February 2015) there is now an option under IP Camera -> Edit Camera -> Camera Setting -> Event detection called "Keep original camera settings" which does the trick. Have restarted both the SSS service and the NAS with no ill effect on the cameras' motion detection settings.

I was experiencing the same situation with two Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS cameras. Everytime the DiskStation would restart the motion detection settings in the camera would be reset to default. I raised a ticket with Synology support and I guess someone else may have as well. As of Synology Surveillance Station 7.0-3742 (released February 2015) there is now an option under IP Camera -> Edit Camera -> Camera Setting -> Event detection called "Keep original camera settings" which does the trick. Have restarted both the SSS service and the NAS with no ill effect on the cameras' motion detection settings.

Nice to see this solved, even if it took over a year.

Anyone using the hikvision camera profile in SS? I have the DS-2CD2132F-IS but have found it a little flakey so I use the generic PSAI profile.