PM5K

Frustrated with iVMS-4200

I have a wired Hikvision camera connected to a wireless router. I am running a PC with iVMS-4200 and trying to record to its local drive.

Can't seem to as I'd like. Motion detection triggers but doesn't record. I can manually record but those files don't show up in the playback window. I could only get them by opening the player and selecting the file. I've messed with storage settings with no luck.

I wish this wasn't so complicated, I just want it to record on motion. Everything else is good, as far as the other setup, and the cameras ability to capture what I'm looking for.

TIA.

I tried and tried and tried to get my hik 2032 using IMVS-4200 to record on motion as well with not luck. I installed PCNVR which is also Hikvision software and got that working. FYI.

If you are using iVMS-4200 PCNVR and you want it to record on motion do the following:

Goto the cameras webpage and make sure motion detection is enabled under:

Advanced Configuration->Events

In the iVMS-4200 do the following:

Goto Configuration->Record Schedule

Click "Edit" to modify the record schedule

When "Modify Record Schedule" dialog opens, make sure "Enable Record Schedule" is selected

Next click "Edit" to modify the record template

Select the template "Alarm or Motion" and make sure everything is selected for hours of the day.

Also under "Configuration->Event Management" make sure you have a event added for motion detection and make sure its using your "Alarm or Motion" schedule on the dropdown.

When I try to edit the record schedule it's purple and the options at the top are greyed out. The only template I can modify is the custom one.

When I try to edit the record schedule it's purple and the options at the top are greyed out. The only template I can modify is the custom one.

That's fine if its all purple there is nothing to edit, that means all the 24 hours of the day are selected, use that one.

I didn't think it would work because on the next step there is no motion schedule to choose, however it seems to be working, which is great, however....

Files still don't show up on the playback page in the timeline or the file list.

I didn't think it would work because on the next step there is no motion schedule to choose, however it seems to be working, which is great, however....

Files still don't show up on the playback page in the timeline or the file list.

Goto Playback, select and camera and a day of the week on the calender and search. All the events from that day should show on the list.

Wow, you know this software well, especially for a guy with 30 posts.

Really does seem more complicated than it could be.

So that's all working, one more question that came up, how do I delete files? I know I can select them from that list, but the only option I can find is to export them.

After all of this, I am wondering if I should go a different route. Right now the NVR software is running on a 3.2 GHZ Pentium 4 with HT 2GB RAM, 320 and 160GB hard drives. Decent system but the software taxes it pretty bad.

Would I be better off using the in camera hardware and settings and just using the PC hard drives as NAS?

Either way thank so much. I really wanted it working by the weekend, it's setup to catch license plates at our front gate and I wanted it working by the weekend and it does.

You can't delete them from the iVMS software, you would have to delete the physical video files from the hard drive. But the events will still show when you search in the software, when you goto play them the video will be unavailable. Only way I saw to clear the logs for the recorded events would be to uninstall and reinstall the software.

I am not sure about recording from the camera to a NAS I never tried that method. The iVMS is nice for reviewing footage more features than in the camera webpage.

How do you set this up using the Storage Server (instead of the PCNVR)?

It would seem I've configured things properly, formatted an external HDD and set up motion detection as I'm getting screen pops, but nothing ever gets recorded (or I can't figure out how to view). When I go to remote playback there is nothing ever there. The part I'm missing is how a camera is connected to the SS for Events. When I go into the camera's remote config storage settings, I would expect it to see the SS, but it does not. Likewise, SS doesn't see the camera. Very confusing interface. Where are these two devices and activities connected?

Also, what is your recommendation for setting time for the camera? I've set it properly, but it is two or three hours off. NTS doesn't work as I've not opened, and don't plan to open my router port 123. Can't the camera just get the time from the SS or somewhere else or can I just manually set it?

Thanks

I just received my Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I and wow the software is so unintuative!

I've pretty much given up with the iVMS-4200 software and I think the cameras built in software will suffice my needs.

I have a few questions though.

I have just come from a Logitech Alert system, that software was so easy to use and great for my needs, I just wanted higher res cameras and it has been discontinued. I bought the camera as it has built in micro sd storage and I was hoping to get it to work like the logitech system did, store footage on the sd card, auto transfer it when the PC comes online. It seems that is a distant dream reading other posts on here, so I am now hoping to do the following :

My NAS - Lenovo ix-300d is set to auto switch on each day 4pm - 1am mainly to save the disks and power when I am at work and it is not in use. I am hoping to set the camera to record to the sd card, and then using something like r-sync auto log in to the camera and copy the footage off to my NAS.

I appreciate the rsync side of things is for me and my NAS to sort out, but on the camera side I was wondering, I have set the NAS up as a storage device and pointed it to an NFS share on the NAS, however it need initialising, and I didn't want to just hit format in case it wipes the entire contents off my NAS! Can anyone confirm it won't do this, and will just format the share I have created?

On another note, if I was to use the iVMS software, which would take precedence, the iVMS software, or the settings on the camera I have set up, ie motion activation recording on the camera, or continuous recording set up in the iVMS software?

Hello all!

I have installed 10 cameras - "DS-2CD2020 type". And I'm using the newest iVMS-4200 app. But i have problems with the scheduled recording. Sometimes they lost the signal, and didn't recording anything. Then when i want to playback the recordings - it wrote out that there a Playctrl.dll error, or there nothing to playback. Another time for example, we tried to playback the "B cam" recordings, and it turns out to "E cam". I though it is a software bug, or something else.

iVMS-4200

10 DS-2CD2020 camera

I'm using a simple PC with 2 TB hdd (as NAS) - I shared the directories for the cameras (now i tried a new method, 10 cameras, 10 shared directories for each of them.) Yet I haven't know the solution for that (maybe it will be good)

The 10 cams are communicating via local network. What should I also check for the proper functioning?

Which software I need to install? (yet already the iVMS 4200, media center, storage server). I already configured the iVMS. It is really necessary to format the HDD for each cameras? It's really long time..but i try it.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Ive got an unraid server and created a share for Hikvision cameras, but i need to initialise the disc / format however the Hikvision webgui can see my NAS but all 11tb of it and not the 1tb share which ive allocated. If i initialise this or format via the hikvision webgui, is this going to format all 11tb and not just the share ive created for it?

Has anyone tried this?

"Format" doesn't actually format the drive. It just installs some folders and directories. I just did it. You won't lose all the existing stuff on your NAS. Just use an empty folder to be sure.