Sign in to follow this  
telc

Difference of these two Hikvision Bullets

If I was to get one of these in 12mm is there any difference in image quality between these two models? Only main difference I can see is one uses longer range IR led. If everything was the same except the IR led, I rather get the DS-2CD2032-I its half the size.

DS-2CD2032-I

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/Products_show.asp?id=9090

240185_1.jpg

DS-2CD2232-I5

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/Products_show.asp?id=9120

240185_2.jpg

Do you need to see that far at night? The separate IR should look better/clearer at night (EXIR) further and give less IR bleed since it's separate.

Exaggerated but you can see EXIR and what it does:

30M good enough, some light bleed okay, and size more important, get the smaller one.

The real question is whether they both use the same sensor. If so, the image quality will be about the same with either, though the lens will affect image quality as well.

The 2032 benefits from extra IR, as the night image is noisy without more illumination, so the different LEDs on the 2232 may help that. I haven't seen any direct comparisons between the two.

The real question is whether they both use the same sensor. If so, the image quality will be about the same with either, though the lens will affect image quality as well.

The 2032 benefits from extra IR, as the night image is noisy without more illumination, so the different LEDs on the 2232 may help that. I haven't seen any direct comparisons between the two.

I would like to see a side by side of these two models. Day and Night

Paging buellwinkle

OK, send me the large one, already have the small one. I like the concept of EXIR but don't think it makes a difference sensor wise. It's like the EXIR eyeball I reviewed, it performed the same as the bullet, but the EXternal IR LED was bright, like a red indictor light, not as discrete as the ring of LEDs on the mini-bullet. But it also seemed to illuminate more evenly than the IR ring.

Trust me, after replacing two Dahua 2MP bullets that had pretty good IR from a "ring" of LEDs with two Hikvision cameras using EXIR, there is NO comparision. The EXIR arrays are superior. In fact, they're just amazing. I get IR at over 175 feet (perfect and ideal for my application on dedicated plate cams). See my post if you have not already. It contains screenshots -

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40972

I recently installed an inexpensive 3 LED IR illuminator, and the 3 LEDs are far brighter than the typical ring of dozens of lower output LEDs.

I'm assuming the EXIR cams are using similar high output LEDs.

Not only is the output brighter, but the LEDs themselves are visually much brighter, so they attract more attention than the on-board camera LEDs. Whether this is good or bad depends on your goals and location.

I recently installed an inexpensive 3 LED IR illuminator, and the 3 LEDs are far brighter than the typical ring of dozens of lower output LEDs.

I'm assuming the EXIR cams are using similar high output LEDs.

Not only is the output brighter, but the LEDs themselves are visually much brighter, so they attract more attention than the on-board camera LEDs. Whether this is good or bad depends on your goals and location.

Let me assure you, compared to an inexpensive 3 LED array illuminator, the two EXIR leds on the Hikvision will put out 10 to 15 times more IR light. I am in no way exaggerating. I've had several 3, 4, and 6 IR array illuminators (the inexpensive type) and I have put them all up against the EXIR. The most recent test was some new 6 array illuminators that I was really hoping would work well. The two EXIR leds were at least 5 times brighter. It is no comparison. I have seen this same type of incredible IR array performance on $1500 Dahua PTZs.

I also have a suspicion the lens of the EXIR array is specifically designed for the model / focal length of the camera. One important thing to understand about arrays is the array itself is covered with a lens to control the spread / concentration of the light.

I have both of these cameras, the 3232-i5's IR is much better. I did a quick comparison and posted it over on cam-it. Here's a link:

http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=6890.0

It's not a review just 3 quick snapshots with the cameras in the same position (scroll to the bottom of the page). These snapshots were taken with the exact same image settings. No camera was benefiting from another's IR.