I have had several of these in service for over a year and all of a sudden all of the IRs on one cam are out. Anyway of testing these without me swapping them from another cam? Do the day/night sensors go bad? It seems odd that all the IRs just stopped working. Also, anyone know where to buy the replacement boards for this model? It's under warranty but shipping it from Maryland to China negates the worth of the part for me. Thanks.

Look in the settings under conditions and see which profile it's set for. If it's set to DAY, than the IR's may not come on at night. I always change the DAY profile to auto for day/night just in case the camera changes on it's own by changing

something in the NVR.

Never had that problem and probably one of the first here to have an IPC-HFW3200C (1080P version) but also had the IPC-HFW3300C, but not as long. But that's very odd they all failed at once, maybe it's a PoE switch problem, not able to supply the power it needs. Maybe try unplugging them all except one to see if that's the problem. Lastly, try forcing the camera in night mode from the menus, although Dahua tends to separate these functions.

Maxicon had a similar problem where banks would go out, meaning if one bulb failed it caused the bank of like 6 bulbs to fail as they were wired in series. His was the cheaper version, I believe the IPC-HFW2100. He was able to find the bulbs and installed new ones. It could be your model has just one series and one bulb can take them all out, like cheap holiday lights. How handy are you with a soldering iron?

Trying to get through to China now may be fruitless as they are celebrating New Years for the week. And yes, crazy expensive to ship it back to mainland China, especially a bad boy like that.

Thanks for the post. The Poe switch is definately supplying enough power. I guess I will try swapping the board from a known good one and start there. I did come across MaxIcon's thread on replacing the ir's one the other model last week, nice write-up. I'm pretty good with a voltmeter and soldering gun if needed.

Have you looked at the day/night settings as both of us have mentioned?

I did and everything is set normally as the others. I've been using these for over a year and I'm very familiar with the settings. At first I thought it was due to the extreme cold temps here lately but none of the others are affected. I just need to wait until it warms up and swap out the boards and narrow it down more. Thanks.

The HWF3300C software settings don't affect the IR LEDs. They're only controlled by the sensor on the board. Firmware day/night settings have no effect at all, at least on mine and my HFW2100N.

On mine, they come on as soon as power is applied (and before the firmware boots) if you block the light sensor, which is a little tricky, since it's a tiny chip, not a can like older IR boards. Light comes in the sides of the chip as well, so you have to block it all the way around. I used electrical tape when I was testing mine.

I'd check to see if the connector to the IR board is seated and has voltage. After that, check each of the LEDs for opens or shorts. Mine went out string by string, but if the light sensor chip has failed, it would kill all of them.

Best bet if you have a working one is to compare voltages across the sensor and its resistor, as well as to the LEDs. I have that info in my notes somewhere...

The HWF3300C software settings don't affect the IR LEDs. They're only controlled by the sensor on the board. Firmware day/night settings have no effect at all, at least on mine and my HFW2100N.

On mine, they come on as soon as power is applied (and before the firmware boots) if you block the light sensor, which is a little tricky, since it's a tiny chip, not a can like older IR boards. Light comes in the sides of the chip as well, so you have to block it all the way around. I used electrical tape when I was testing mine.

I'd check to see if the connector to the IR board is seated and has voltage. After that, check each of the LEDs for opens or shorts. Mine went out string by string, but if the light sensor chip has failed, it would kill all of them.

Best bet if you have a working one is to compare voltages across the sensor and its resistor, as well as to the LEDs. I have that info in my notes somewhere...

Thanks buddy, I'll try it this weekend.

Hi all,

I've got a similar problem with my IPC-HW2100 camera connected to NVR3204-POE,

I realized that night I saw a dark image, after some call to my seller I discover about

Day/Night parameter inside NVR and into Camera.

This parameter was set to DAY.

The strange thing is that if you set this parameter to NORMAL the next day is again set to DAY.

Why ?

Many thanks in adavance for your help.

Bye

Enrico

Maybe the NVR is changing it. I have an IPC-HFW2100 for a long time now and it never did this. I know some NVR software I've used will change settings if for example I change it on the camera, the NVR detects it was changed and changes it back so I have to change it form the software.

Also, the Dahua's are very sensitive at night and don't always go into night mode. For example, there could be some light, maybe a neighbors window or porch light that is making it not switch to night mode. I had to put Dahua cameras on a scheduled day/night change because there was too much light, but not enough to be useful.

Sorry for the late response on this. My IR started working again. Seems that it doesn't come on when then temp drops below 25F ??? All of my other ones work fine though at that temp and below. Any ideas?

I'd think that something on the IR board is malfunctioning at low temps. You could test this by swapping the boards between two cams. Since all the IR LED control is done on the board, this would make the most sense.

I'd think that something on the IR board is malfunctioning at low temps. You could test this by swapping the boards between two cams. Since all the IR LED control is done on the board, this would make the most sense.

Well, I never did get a chance to switch out those boards, but now that's its getting warmer I'm going to take down all my Dahuas and clean them and check them out. I have another one in the back that the top half of the IR's are starting to flicker in and out. Anyone know where you could buy (if they sell them) the IR board intact for a quick replacement? On a side note reading back through this thread saddens me to think that I wont here from Carl (Buellwinkle) again. At least he lives on through this forum and his blog, RIP buddy.

I spent a while looking for a replacement board for the 2100, and couldn't find anything that looked close enough to be worth the gamble. You never know, though, you might get lucky!

I spent a while looking for a replacement board for the 2100, and couldn't find anything that looked close enough to be worth the gamble. You never know, though, you might get lucky!

I sent an email to Dahua support, maybe they will sell me some?

I have been checking it out and the entire IR bank just keeps flashing on and off all night? I guess I just need to switch it out with a working one to rule out the IR board itself. I'm beginning to think it may be the sensor that switches it on when it gets dark. Dahua was no help and referred me to my reseller.