Cameramandi

iDMSS - Memory Warning on iPad

Good morning,

I would like to have a full-time stream in my house of 7 of my 12 cameras. I am using an original iPad - in a fancy stand - with iDMSS to display the extra stream from the cameras from my Dahua 16 channel NVR. It will show the videos for hours, but randomly throughout the day, it will pop up with "Memory Warning" and close the cameras. I know the original iPad does not have much memory, but is it the iPad or iDMSS? I have closed out of everything on the iPad, and have disabled all memory hogging services (including e-mail and icloud!)

Does anyone else use an iPad to show video 24/7?

Should I use a different app to show the cams instead of iDMSS?

Thanks!

It keeps iDMSS open, but closes the individual cameras and throws up the Memory Warning window. Perhaps it was caused by the DVR being set to reboot every night. I think I will turn that off. I am currently trying with 6 instead of 9 cameras.

Does it close iDMSS or just the connections to NVR?

Any chance of network outages/skips?

Can you try with less cameras?

So here is the deal. I fixed the memory warning issue by absolutely cleaning out the iPAD, so it literally has nothing on it but iDMSS. So now, I no longer get THAT error. But I am still having the issue of the iPAD randomly losing the stream - what happens is that after 12 or 15 hours of it being on, it will either be streaming perfectly and working, or the images will be frozen from some point like 8 hours previously or something. It is random. I can't figure out why it is doing that. The iPAD is on the same router as the NVR. There is no other traffic on that router besides the cameras. ideas?

The connection is excellent (cisco-linksys gigabit router) - the IPAD is also the only wireless device on the network.

My Main Stream bitrate is on CBR at 2048 Kbps (10 fps, 1.3m) and my Extra Stream is also on CBR at 448 kbps (5fps, d1).

Are iPADS/iDMSS not meant to connect to the extra stream 24 hours a day? Is there a better app to use?

Just as some input, I too have the same issue with a 4th gen Ipad. It will only do this in Main Stream.It does not do this in Extra stream. I only use iDMSS for casual veiwing.

For some reason it will always default back to Main even after saving settings to Extra stream.

IP Cam Viewer Pro is a great app to use on the Ipad.

Personally I dont care for the iDMSS app for the Ipad. I use the latest updated gDMSS app on my android tablet. After using it for a while, i find it to be far superior to the iDMSS app.

Just as some input, I too have the same issue with a 4th gen Ipad. It will only do this in Main Stream.It does not do this in Extra stream. I only use iDMSS for casual veiwing.

For some reason it will always default back to Main even after saving settings to Extra stream.

IP Cam Viewer Pro is a great app to use on the Ipad.

Personally I dont care for the iDMSS app for the Ipad. I use the latest updated gDMSS app on my android tablet. After using it for a while, i find it to be far superior to the iDMSS app.

Interesting. I was not aware that you can select main or extra stream in iDMSS. Where is that option located?

I guess I will have to use IP Cam Viewer Pro. Does it support a Dahua 16 channel NVR when each camera is not accessible outside of the network? In iDMSS, I connect to the NVR, which connects to the individual cameras. I cannot access each individual camera outside of the network. However, my iPAD is within the network.

Have you tried gDMSS for the iPAD (I believe it is called Pegaso) - has that worked for you?

Cameramandi,

gDMSS and iDMSS are the same app. There is no such thing as gDMSS for iOS, the iOS app is called iDMSS, and the Android app is called gDMSS. Dahua also gives the source code to many Dahua suppliers, and they make "rebranded" versions of the program.

IP Cam Viewer Pro for Android is quite nice. I do not use iOS, but if you have it available for iOS, I would give it a try.

To gain acess to change stream tap the little gear on bottom right, then tap device manage, then tap your group of cameras on right side of screen. It will then give you option to change your stream. But like I said for some reason, at some point it will default back to main, even if you save extra stream.

And gDMSS is for android devices and iDMSS is for IOS devices. They are the same app for 2 different operating systems but they each have completely different layout and options.

And I use Ip camera veiwer pro to access my Dahua 16 ch nvr. It will connect to your Nvr. You do not have to have port access to each camera seperately. I use the default 37777 port for both iDMSS and Ip camera viewer to acess the nvr.

Sorry for reviving this thread 4 years later, but it would appear I am suffering from the same problem. It does not matter if I'm using extra view or main view. I experienced this problem first on a iPad 2 and over time, the iPad 2 would completely reboot. So I went out and bought a 2018 iPad 9.7 and the problem is exactly what the OP described. Over time, both Dahua's iDMSS or Amcrest View Pro app will lose the feed on all the cameras and show a (+) for each live view camera. Recalling the camera manually magically works again. Unlike the iPad 2, the 2018 iPad 9.7 does not reboot.

I have discovered that there is a correlation between the number of cameras enabled for live view versus the time it takes to lose the feed. The more cameras (6 or 9) the shorter the time it takes (2 to 4 days). With 4 cameras showing on live view, it takes 7 days before I lose the feed. This issue is consistently reproducible.

Has anyone found a solution or used a different app? I am currently using a this iPad as an in-home security monitor for all my cameras and really just wish it could run 24/7/365.