camtastic

dahua vs BW vs QSEE HD NVR for 3MP HFW4300S cameras

I have a dahua 3MP HFW4300S bullet camera that I'm very happy with the quality. I plan to add at least 3 more and am trying to come up with a strategy for the NVR.

I found

1) Q-See QC818-1 8 Channel Digital POE Solution NVR with Pre-Installe 1 TB Hard Drive. They show,

240 FPS (30 FPS per channel on 720p), but I'm confused as to what that rate is at 1080p as they don't say. $523

2)BW. 8 Channel 1U PoE Network Video Recorder Max Supporting 240fps@1080p, 480fps@720p, 960fps@D1 $610

3) Dahua 16 Channel 1U NVR: Real-Time 1080P View, Up to 5MP/160Mbps Recording

$589

All about the same price. I want to buy from amazon for return support/etc.

the dahua 160Mbs bit rate seems amazing, but I see no support for POE (a must).

QSEE had 22 good reviews (BW none) but I'm worried why they omit the 1080p spec fps rate. Is it the same as BW?

1080p 240fps?

I guess BW

is 480/8= 60fps @ 720p, being double QSEE

30 FPS per channel on 720p. So I assume it extends the doubling at 1080p...

Any thoughts or limitations.on which is the best bet?

thanks.

This is typical as they don't want to show.

1. Your model QC818-1 is 15fps at 1080p. Some manufacturers are as low as 7fps.

2. Some use accumulative computing so 1st channel is 30fps but the remaining are less

3. 4 channels seems to maintain 30fps but the larger they get the lower the individual framerate.

Dahua HD-SDI DVRs for example 4&8ch at 30fps while 16ch is 15fps. This is due to the use of a single encoder vs dual encoders. Not sure why they haven't considered.

As far as Amazon, you get return support NOT TRUE TECHNICAL SUPPORT, at least any that is not scripted. I would recommend any of the Dahua product line because we have been using for over 6 years during their infancy and find firmware, usage and overall stability. The only issue I have found is the power supply brick that comes with it. When it goes out, it is not completely dead. It registers 12v BUT can no longer support the hard drive draw. You may see:

1. Getting stuck on logo screen during boot

2. No longer seeing the hard drive

3. Erratic freezing

@camtastic: I am pretty much at the same (un)decision point now as you were back in February, except maybe for slightly more recent Dahua NVRs 42xx available now with and without PoE, and the fact I would rather get Q-See QT series instead of QC due to poor software ratings.

Could you share with us what you ended up buying, and what your experience has been so far?

Thank you!